Real mopar people dont act that way

Erics5th

Reaction score
Most of the Mopar people are kinda snobbish. Some people on another board where going on saying that I should not have put dog dish and trim rings on my 5th...should have kept the wire wheel covers. Whatever. When I owned a '70 Fury III 2dr hard top/383, all the Mopar guys brushed me off calling it a boat. Most also turned their noses up at my '72 Satellite Custom 4dr with a slant six. So what. I enjoyed them and found alot of good friends in the Washington/Oregon area slant six club. I've owned/own other makes, but always have a Chrysler product in the fold. Which must not make me a real Mopar guy... I also enjoy other makes, even some European and Asian cars. Horsepower speaks other languages too. Guess that just makes me a car guy.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Most of the Mopar people are kinda snobbish. Some people on another board where going on saying that I should not have put dog dish and trim rings on my 5th...should have kept the wire wheel covers. Whatever. When I owned a '70 Fury III 2dr hard top/383, all the Mopar guys brushed me off calling it a boat. Most also turned their noses up at my '72 Satellite Custom 4dr with a slant six. So what. I enjoyed them and found alot of good friends in the Washington/Oregon area slant six club. I've owned/own other makes, but always have a Chrysler product in the fold. Which must not make me a real Mopar guy... I also enjoy other makes, even some European and Asian cars. Horsepower speaks other languages too. Guess that just makes me a car guy.

Keep in mind there are two Mopar camps. Mopar guys and Mopar snobs. Mopar guys appreciate each others rides no matter what they are.. I do anyway. I think your 5th looks cool with doggies and rings. Mopar snobs are the guys with as I put it before, date coded butt plugs and over priced trailer queens. Some of these guys spend more time polishing their valve covers than they do actually driving their cars. When it comes right down to it... Who gives a crap what they think. While they're sitting around wiping lint off their air cleaner, you'll be cranking the tunes driving your car. Plus, you have a whole community of people right here that love these cars. Just drive and enjoy Dude. Btw. You lost me on the euro, rice rocket thing BUT to each his own. Just don't post 'em here, deal? :icon_toilet:

Erics5th

Reaction score
You lost me on the euro, rice rocket thing BUT to each his own. Just don't post 'em here, deal? :icon_toilet:

Like I said, I'm a car guy who appreciates all makes. If a 2004 Audi S4 with a 4.2L V8 and a six speed manual found its way to my garage...I would not turn it down. I won't post pics though. ;)

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Like I said, I'm a car guy who appreciates all makes. If a 2004 Audi S4 with a 4.2L V8 and a six speed manual found its way to my garage...I would not turn it down. I won't post pics though. ;)

Well Dude, like I said to each his own. Mind you, if I were you I'd keep the imports in the garage on this site. If you think you get a hard time about doggies on a 5th, wait till you start talking about audi's. LOL. :laughing3:

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score

Let's see you fix the Audi on the cheap.
Ever saw a Rolls Royce brake system?:eusa_wall:
I have $60 in repairs to my Mopars this yr.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Let's see you fix the Audi on the cheap.
Ever saw a Rolls Royce brake system?:eusa_wall:
I have $60 in repairs to my Mopars this yr.

Oh yeah. The beauty of F M J's. Bought my 5th for $600. Did plugs, wires, rotor, cap, shocks and tires. Other than changing my oil. She ain't cost me a dime. And if I do need something... Can you say "Crappy Tire?" Try that with a rice burner or a Schnitzel mobile.

(Subnote for our American brothers and sisters: Up here in Canuck land we have Canadian Tire where all the standard issue parts are fairly cheap. We lovingly refer to it as Crappy Tire.)

Erics5th

Reaction score
Wow. Nice to see tolerence here. Guess if your not the Mopar or No Car type your crap. I'm not that narrow minded.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Wow. Nice to see tolerence here. Guess if your not the Mopar or No Car type your crap. I'm not that narrow minded.

C'mon Eric. Can't you tell when you're getting the gears? I mean it IS a Mopar forum. Personally I don't care if you're driving an audi...
As long as I don't have to. (humor). It's all good man.:sign7:

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score

It is a Mopar forum for F,M,J.....which get laughed at all too often.
Bring me a truck load of money, I'll stop driving Mopars.

My Furd buddy spent more at the dealer this yr than I paid for 2 driving M's and 2 yrs of repairs.
Iraq is better than the USA? They're both countries with people and have a map. No, there are good counties and ones I want nothing to do with.

They banned Dodge from racing because they win and the other's can't keep up.
Then the off brand folks had to B&E and smash the NHRA shop's equipment and parts just so they off brands could keep up.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
69 Daytona 440.

If you want non Mopars. Auburn Speedster or a 39 Duesenberg.
Would go with a well built Auburn replica, so I could really drive it.

auburn-00002-1.jpg

Speedster_Motorcars_Auburn_11_02.jpg

duesenberg-j-graber-cabriolet-1930.jpg

std_1933_duesenberg_sj_speedster.jpg

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
That IS nice. But then you're gonna have to redo your garage. :toothy12:

Besides, I thought you had Mopar's blocking your driveway so non Mopar's couldn't get in.?

Last edited:

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
That IS nice. But then you're gonna have to redo your garage. :toothy12:

Besides, I thought you had Mopar's blocking your driveway so non Mopar's couldn't get in.?

But I got a truck load of money. Those are the off brands I'd let in even my garage.
Give me the ownerships and I'll even boot the Mopars out of the garage.

But real world, I don't pay/spend a lot on my Mopars. Then I have spare parts for when there is a problem.
Can't afford car payments/insurance and repairs to new things. Can't fix them yourself either.

I'd like the hairdryer A if I had cash. I'd skinny the rear tires a bit and use steelies/ dog dishes. I'd also lose the V8 badging.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
But I got a truck load of money. Those are the off brands I'd let in even my garage.
Give me the ownerships and I'll even boot the Mopars out of the garage.

But real world, I don't pay/spend a lot on my Mopars. Then I have spare parts for when there is a problem.
Can't afford car payments/insurance and repairs to new things. Can't fix them yourself either.

I'd like the hairdryer A if I had cash. I'd skinny the rear tires a bit and use steelies/ dog dishes. I'd also lose the V8 badging.

If you win the lottery, let me know when the lawn sale stars. :laughing6:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
OK....I'll admit in my younger days I used to drive non Mopars in the winter, so the real cars don't get rusted out.
But got tired of non Mopars breaking down, having to install heated bumpers to keep your hands warm while pushing.
Then I open the parts box, and it's full of Mopar parts.

So I started driving F's and M's in the winter.

Just doin' her duty.

2012-02-11_15.50.59.jpg

qurtuba

Reaction score
Been thinking about what I could write to contribute to this thread.
I guess I'm sorta like Doc. Except if I had a truck load of cash, I'd buy Fs Ms and Js to my heart's content. But since I don't have the above mentioned cash, and due to circumstances of my geographical location where Fs Ms and Js are extremely rare, I do have a non-Mopar that I drive in hot, humid, high-UV summer months. And I'm sorry but I do enjoy that car too. Although going back to the Volare, I feel like I'm home, that is where I really belong...I FEEL my Volare when we're out together and I know that it feels me too.
Doc, when I was in the US I had nothing but Mopars: 77 Aspen SE 4 door, 83 Cordoba, and a 99 Intrepid ES. And when I had to rent a car, either through my employer, or personal, I ALWAYS would demand a Mopar. I even had two firsts. One was when I was living and working in Lititz, PA. back in 2001, the company I worked for used to rent cars for me all the time to travel to project sites in, and I always asked for a "Chrysler product". The rental company happily obliged cause of the business we gave them. So when the first PT Cruiser arrived in town, they delivered it to the office for me with only 40 miles on the odo. It was a silver touring model and it turned heads. I drove it to Toledo for the project, and in the weekend went to visit (then) DaimlerChrysler's headquarters in Auburn Hills, Mi. That was one cool trip.
Second "first" was in 2004. I was in Charlotte, NC and I had reserved a Dodge Caravan for a personal weekend trip with the family, and when I went to pick it up, they were just prepping the first 300C that they got even before the dealers had it. I was friends with the guy at the rental office and I just walked in and pointed outside the black 300C Limited and just said "I want THAT".

So, yeah..given enough money, I will not drive anything but Mopar...but sometimes you gotta face reality.

Bashar

8D5 Gran Fury

Reaction score
I have several cars- '69 Valiant V-100 (2-dr sedan, 87K on the odo), my 85 GF AHB, a '72 F250 Camper Special (with a torque-nasty 410 Super Marauder under the hood), a 2009 Suzuki XL-7 (ex-media car w/all options and then some, wifey's rig), and a very modded '99 Regal GS that we use as DD/around town car (it is a great all-around performer, can get 32MPG on the freeway, too!)

I've owned weird European,too- a Lancia Volumex Coupe, a BMW L7, and an early 944 that had the 3.0L 4 cylinder in it and the turbo suspension and brakes
By far I've own more vintage Mopar than anything else- 11 different cars

Last edited:

ramenth

Reaction score
Like I said, most of us like what we like and drive what we like.

Yeah, I have two Fords in the stable (the pick ups are mine, the '54 is actually my dad's). Everything in my signature has a story to it and a story to tell.

My '78 F250 my grandad drove new off the lot. It's really the only thing we have left from him except a bunch of tools from his machinist days. That truck means a lot to me and to my entire family.

The '89 F150 I just bought from a buddy of mine with the intention of keeping it around a while as a winter beater. I probably could have found a Dodge of the same year, but I chose to buy the Ford, because 1.) parts are cheap and widely available 2.) parts are cheap and widely available 3.) parts are cheap and widely available. Even the bones yards are still full of 'em. I can even open up a catalog, or go to my local paint jobber and buy sheetmetal for it. Sorry, but I can't say that about my Ramcharger.

And the Ramcharger is flat out the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned, bar none, and that includes throwing all of my Mopars into the mix. It's my workhorse, and I've worked it hard since day one. It always keeps coming back for more work.

Pop bought the '54 - actually we did some horse-trading for it - because it reminded him of his youth. He really would have preferred a '49 like he had when Momma and he were dating, but the price was right on the '54. It was a deal we really couldn't turn down. There's also something real fun about having that big old steering wheel in your hands, shifting that 3 on the tree, and having folks stop and look, turn and wave, and generally think it's a cool old car.

Do I feel the need to justify my projects and purchases to folks who are 100% brand loyal? No. Just pointing out, like I said earlier, that's what makes us tick.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Do I feel the need to justify my projects and purchases to folks who are 100% brand loyal? No. Just pointing out, like I said earlier, that's what makes us tick.

Agreed Robert, I have buddies who are Ford guys, Chevy guys, Pontiac guys etc. To me it's more of a game. We harass each other all the time.. y'know, Ford sucks, Chevy bites etc. It's all good clean fun. When their cars need work, I help them. When mine need work, they help me. There are no rules. Just cars and HEY... I LOVE CARS!

You'll never get me in a rice burner or a schnitzelmobile though.:icon_compress:

Back