Something you may not see in the USA

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Anything from as far away as New Zealand must be cool. I've never seen anything from there, so I am fascinated.

A lot of very cool Aussie Mopars.

I love the 245 Hemi Slant Six.

265b-cr.jpg

265b-cr.jpg

Last edited:

Bruceynz

Reaction score
Hi,

Its not a slant 6, its a straight up and down, it was a dis used truck engine from the USA that the Aussies got a hold of, in race trim it was a powerful set up, they ran 3 2bbl carbs on it! They came in 245 and 265ci. In race form that were over 300hp!

A lot of very cool Aussie Mopars.

I love the 245 Hemi Slant Six.

View attachment 11400

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Hi,

Its not a slant 6, its a straight up and down, it was a dis used truck engine from the USA that the Aussies got a hold of, in race trim it was a powerful set up, they ran 3 2bbl carbs on it! They came in 245 and 265ci. In race form that were over 300hp!

I stand corrected.
I got confused because one of the guys who helped develop the slant also got sent to Australia from Chrysler to help them work the bugs out of that engine.

Bruceynz

Reaction score
Pretty awesome looking muscle cars eh! Note the built in spoiler! These things were fast! They would whack most V8s. light car powerful engine! They could kill fords 351 Cleveland, Holdens(chev) 350, they held the Aussie 1/4 mile times for years on crossply tyres too!

Bruceynz

Reaction score
Those old Chryslers you couldn't give away one part of it now you will have to give up your left testicle to own one! Check out www.trademe.co.nz and look at the motors section under Chrysler and be surprised!

Last edited:

marko

Reaction score
this one cracks me up
the big body cordoba look front end makes me thankful chrysler didn't do a 4 dr doba..........
its a 76-79 australian ford ltd p6

th.jpg

th.jpg

Back