The FMJ Music Channel

Camtron

Reaction score
lol ---
Camtron ...
today my brother and I drove to the accountant to turn in papers for taxes for the estate.
went to chick-fil-a for lunch.
kid at the register takes our order and asks for a name...
I usually just say 'Darrell, Darrell and Dodge'
but my brother laughs and says he has a name ..
he says
The Who

Kid just shrugs his shoulders and says okay and types it in the computer.

Sigh
idiot children working at the counter I guess.

But we laughed and thought we were so funny.
So now, our game plan is to always give some band's name when asked for a name at any business.

And we will still laugh and think its funny.

JW
Lol, on the occasion I’ve been known to say “Hi Hitler” when I start placing an order at a drive through and “Thanks mommy” when I’m done. No one as ever called me out on it when I’ve pulled up to the window to pay/grab my food. Have done it at least 2 dozen times lmfao. Just a silly goose time.

Camtron

Reaction score
Make the flute rock again.

This video is like 2 minutes longer then it should be but, it’s a goodie. Note, Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath)rocking a lil slide guitar action.

Camtron

Reaction score
I’m like Evel Knievel, I break bones for my people.

SonOfaTomP

Reaction score
pop some spokes on your whip, get some honeys on the plush velvet/Corinthian leather seats and cruise to this

Oldiron440

Reaction score
This song from 73 got me hooked on Chicago. I like everything from the 70s, 80s not so much.

Aspen500

Reaction score
We lived in the Town of Turtle, just outside of Beloit WI from late '73 to Christmas time of '75 and heard a lot of good music on 890 WLS out of Chicago with Larry Lujack. Moved to the Wausau area and too far away for WLS and the few stations there were up here at the time sucked so,,,,,,I have a music gap.:eek:

old yellow 78

Reaction score
I like a lot of classical music, particularly chamber music which makes me feel grounded and relaxed when I'm stressed out. I have posted some favorites back on page 28. Here is another video which I really like by the Netherlands Bach Society, which put out new videos all the time.

This particular video is unusual because it is of a piece of music, by Bach of course, that was written for three harpsicords at one time. It is a beautiful piece of chamber music and I especially like the second movement which actually always reminds me of the sound of a finely tuned slant six ticking away idling :p. Seriously. This is really noticeable starting at 7.00.

A particularly beautiful part starts at 8.00 when the background drone of the baroque cello, played by Lucia Swarts (who looks like Aunt Bea) suddenly rises up to transition to the third movement.

Not to make fun, but these musicians, particlarly Mortensen (middle harpsicord) who leads the group, are so into their craft that their expressions can be humorous to watch. I really wish I could play an instrument. The only instrument that I own and can play a little is the mountain dulcimer. Not really a classical instrument.:rolleyes:

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Make the flute rock again.

This video is like 2 minutes longer then it should be but, it’s a goodie. Note, Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath)rocking a lil slide guitar action.

If you want rocking flute, it begins and ends with "Locomotive Breath":

How many rock songs have a killer flute solo? Especially with Ian Anderson standing on one leg the whole time? Granted, it starts slowly.

old yellow 78

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to briefly meet and talk with Emmy Lou Harris after a concert she played near Philadelphia years ago. She's just as beautiful today as she was back then.

Back