The FMJ Weather Channel

Oldiron440

Reaction score
Like they say, if you don't like the weather wait five minutes and it will be deferant.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Got sleet late last evening, then 3" of snow, and then it started raining sometime after midnight, and it's still raining. What a slushy, sloppy mess.:(

Oldiron440

Reaction score
Well we are getting snow and they are talking about 4 to 8". If we actually get what we're predicted to get it will be the first time its been white this season. It's funny how the schools handle it now, last night at 5pm the school systems all around were canceled for today. The boy didn't mind sleeping in this morning and neither did I.

Aspen500

Reaction score
We've got MAYBE 1/4" of snow on the ground and none (other than a slight chance of flurries) in the forecast. I'm just fine with that! On the downside, it's COLD, so cold. Tomorrow morning might be the first time this season it's been below zero and the "high" for Sunday they say is,,,,,,,,,,10 degrees. Not sure what I'm going to do on Sunday but I can guarantee it won't be done outside!

Aspen500

Reaction score
My aching backside...……………..
forecast_7day_640.jpg

Justwondering

Reaction score
oh and I'm irritated because we will be down to 23 for a couple of hours on Monday night. Course its gonna be nearly 60 for Sat and Sunday.
I guess it is all just a matter of perspective.

JW

Aspen500

Reaction score
Yeah, it isn't just cold, it's bleep me cold. Hit a balmy high of -5 today. Wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the gosh darnit wind driving the wind chill down to as low as -25. Seriously, it isn't just cold, it's dangerously cold. Tonight they forecast wind chills of -40 possible. Son of a............................:eek: Guess it's par for the course for this time of year, in this part of the country.

Could be worse. I remember (unfortunately) the winter of 1991 (I think it was) when we went 2 weeks straight where the WARMEST it got was -20. Driving to work when it's -40, I don't care how good a heater your vehicle has, it will not keep up. It can only add so much temp to the incoming air due to that darn physics crap. Now THAT sucked in so many ways.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Aspen500 --
there is no perspective that makes -40 tolerable.
Ouch.
JW
That's an understatement!
Don't ask me why but I woke up at 3:30am, wide awake and decided to go out to the garage behind the house. It's 25 feet away and think I got frostbite in that distance. Didn't want to know what the temp was but looked anyways like an idiot. Not too bad (yeah right), it's "only" -21 out there. :eek: Thankfully, no wind.
Yeah I know, next July when it's 95 degrees, I'll complain it's too hot, right?:D

Oldiron440

Reaction score
We had a Cub scout family camp in last night at the national guard armory in Mason City. I went outside this morning at -12 in my cargo shorts and started my vehicle, the 6 year old battery decided to die another day and fired up the old Ford.
The kids sure had a good time last night, the boy said he crashed at midnight I was good till about 10.

Justwondering

Reaction score
cargo shorts in -12 .... not in my lifetime.

Its just now 47 and I've got my long sleeves, long pants, and camo jacket to go feed the goats. I'd make a lousy cold weather participant..lol

JW

Aspen500

Reaction score
You'd hate it here in January! It LOOKS beautiful out, clear, blinding sunshine, no wind but,,,,,,,,,,,,looks are deceiving. It's all the way up to -4 at almost 1pm. To twist that dagburnit razzin frazzen knife a little bit more, the forecast calls for 6-10" of snow tonight and tomorrow with a so called high of +9 along with a nice refreshing breeze of 15-30 mph out of the north. Just the perfect thing for light, fluffy snow. Shoot me now, please! :eek: Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.:mad::(:mad::(:mad::(

Oh well, have to take the good with the bad I suppose.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I have got shorts on in the house all winter, the other day the boy thought he would try it. It was about fifteen minutes and he was under a blanket with the dog. :)

Aspen500

Reaction score
While out in the garage, I heard it's going to get even better. Tuesday night, windchill of -50. Are you bleeping serious? It's times like this where it seems like the furnace is running more than it's off, both in the house and the garage. I do tend to keep it pretty warm though, thermostat in the garage is set at 70 all the time, and the house is set at 78 when I'm here and maybe 74 when I go to work. The t-stat is in a center hall and it may be 78 in that hall, but it sure isn't 78 in the living room or kitchen and SURE as hell isn't that warm upstairs. Old houses suck like that, btw. If only it was insulated and sealed as well as the garage is...............

Aspen500

Reaction score
I've got more or less 5 rooms, plus the entryway and utility room and use every one of them, lol. It's by no means a grand estate, lol! The lot is like a grand estate (1/2 acre) but not the house. When you go up the stairs to the one room (12X20 shed dormer basically), it's like going to a different weather system. Cold in winter, hot in summer, sigh..............................Reminds me of grandma's house way back when. Big old house with a wood cook stove in the kitchen so downstairs was nice and toasty, go upstairs and drop 20 degrees. One reason was, with the cook stove always fired up, the furnace didn't come on very much. Besides, there were only 3 heat vents for the whole 2nd floor (one in each bedroom, and NONE in the bathroom or "sitting room").

Justwondering

Reaction score
I'm alright, don't nobody worry about me ....
Aspen500 I can just hear that kenny loggins song from Caddyshack playing in the background at your house.

JW

Aspen500

Reaction score
Except gophers aren't a problem,,,,,,,,,,they're all frozen solid :p
They "updated" the forecast. Now windchill's tomorrow night are going to be -60 to maybe -70 degrees. I didn't know that was even possible. Sigh...................
Now for the good news, they also updated the 7 day forecast and if it holds, all we have to do is make it 4 or 5 more days and then,,,,,,,the super cold goes away (I hope for the season but not holding my breath) High's is the low to mid 30's this weekend. Only downside is a chance of rain. Wisconsin, low temp of -28 tomorrow night (with the -60 windchill) and 3 days later,,,,,,rain. :eek:

Back