The FMJ Weather Channel

Aspen500

Reaction score
All the salt dust kicked up by vehicles does the same here, makes my eyes burn and turn red. It's horrible, especially where I live,,,,,,,,,,100 yards from an 8 lane freeway. If I could move,,,,,,believe me I would. What's preventing that? Well,,,,,,,$$$$ basically. Before you say "why'd you buy that house dumbass", when I bought it 20 years ago, the freeway was 4 lanes and had about 16,000 vehicles a day (each way) vs 60,000+ now and the additional lanes moved it closer to my house than it was before. Ahhhhh progress, right?:confused:

Anyhoo, a balmy high of 21 today and dropping to mid single digits tonight. Sigh...............................................................I'd ALMOST kill to have the normal high of 42 right about now.:(

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
nov1518.jpg

Aspen500

Reaction score
Yep, know the feeling. Got just enough last night to make a mess out of everything this morning and of course, they just HAD to salt. Backed out of the garage with a black truck, pulled back in this evening with a white one:mad: Tuesday was 14 with a 10-20 mph north wind, Thursday was the "warm" day this week at 36 and now it's sliding back down, down, down, colder and colder.:( Man I'm depressed.

Aspen500

Reaction score
You're going to get over it about next June when spring hits.
That seems like sooooooooo far away yet. Seems cabin fever is setting in early this year. I'm HOPING spring comes before June next year, unlike the last few. Last year, a month into "spring" we got 31" of snow in one storm. It's times like those that the $1,000 spent on buying a snowblower a few years ago was worth every single penny.:cool:

Dark at 6pm? We have to deal with dark before 5pm. When I leave work at 4:30pm, the sun is just a memory that dropped below the horizon a few minutes earlier. Soon it'll be, get to work in pitch black at 7:30am and drive home in pitch black at 4:30pm.:(

Oldiron440

Reaction score
My grandson is in the house today, he's not happy about winter, he keeps saying that its fall!
I've got a cold I got from him otherwise I'd take him sledding.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
Well my fix for cold crappy weather is a krock pot of vegetable beef soup, the house smells great!!!

Aspen500

Reaction score
Seems like only last week you could be outdoors doing things until 9pm before it was too dark to see and too cold to stay out there even if you could see. We tend to get those 85 degree days that half hour after sunset it's in the 60's and an hour later the 50's or even 40's. Thanks for the memories..................
In the house it smells like Lemon Pledge but outdoors,,,,,,,,,,and I'm drooling, I can smell The Texas Roadhouse big time! It's maybe 1/4 mile away and man does it ever smell awesome! Whenever the wind is from the NW, the aroma wafts through the neighborhood. Only complaint is, when it does, it always makes me hungry.:D
Actually was sunny today, for the most part, with little wind and upper 20's. Not TOO bad I guess. Tonight,,,,bad. Temps drop to the low single digits. Can you say "brrrr"? Sure, I knew you could.:)

Oldiron440

Reaction score
Ok I had my soup and it's one of my favorites......now I want a steak, go figure.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
As much as I complain about the weather here, seeing California makes me feel warmer.

So, Halloween generally is the end of car season.
First get to Remembrance Day.
Then I have to survive Christmas and New Years.
After that, 2 months of hell and then things start to look up.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Fires are the least of California's problems and that's as political as I'll get on this site.
I also complain about the winters here but honestly couldn't imagine living anywhere else. Other than the cold and snow 6 months of the year, the rest is just fine. Well, there is that friggin' traffic but I can deal with that too.
Speaking of cold, when I got up this morning about 5:30am (on a Sunday,WTF????:eek:) it was a whopping 4 degrees out. Bright, sunny day with no wind though, so maybe it won't be TOO bad.:)

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I have a daughter who lives in Des Moines Ia, I would not mind living in the Pella area. It's only 150 miles south but there winters are warmer and shorter.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
The Eddievill drag strip isn't far from pells, as it is now I live 60 miles north of Cedar Falls Raceway .

Back