The FMJ Weather Channel

Justwondering

Reaction score
That's unreal!

I just walked out and fed the goats for the evening (corn & grain), supposed to be down to 25 tonight. I checked the weather and it says snow starting in 55 minutes.
That is just totally ridiculous.

I didn't authorize any bad weather. Apparently somebody didn't get the memo :confused:

JW

Justwondering

Reaction score
Just watched the weather folks on tv.
Today/tonight is the worst.
Supposed to be in the 70's this coming weekend.
Thank goodness.
JW

80mirada

Reaction score
Between 9.5 and 11 inches, 14 degrees. The snow blower had no problem blasting through, even the three foot deep plow berm at the end of the driveway

Oldiron440

Reaction score
The guy finally showed up to snowblow from a week ago then he does more than he was told to and gets erked when I pay him the price he gave me.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Seems to be a common problem. I think his brother must work here in Texas just down the road from me.
I feel your frustration.
JW

Aspen500

Reaction score
Used the snowblower for the 1st time this season. Running the blower and then cleaning up with the shovels afterwards,,,,,,,,,,,I am shot tonight. Got a little irritated right after starting. Apparently, somebody delivered phone books and left the f***** thing laying on the driveway near the door and it got buried in a 3 foot drift. Stopped the engine dead before I knew what happened and could release the auger handle. It jammed into the 2nd stage blade. What a PITA to get it out of there. Nothing left of it now but no damage done to the blower.

Glad I could get out there during the day to get it done. Had a "snow day" from work. Boss called just before I was ready to leave and said a bunch of people called to reschedule their appointments and if I wanted to stay home, it was fine. Yeah, twist my arm in this weather! lol It would have been a slow, white knuckle ride all the way down there. Stay home? Sounded good to me.

Aspen500

Reaction score
At noon the temp has made it's way up to -22 (after starting at -34 before sunrise) and the wind chill is -50 or lower at times. If we can make it through tomorrow, we'll be home free. Thursday is supposed to be colder than today. Not sure how that's even possible but upper 30's to 40 (above zero) this weekend with chance of rain.

Justwondering

Reaction score
I'm staying out of this for now... neither of you want to know my weather today and for the coming weekend.
JW

7T8 Custom

Reaction score
Don`t kill me but today we had a slightly overcast day with lots of sun and a high of about 50. Would have been alot better if it didn`t take me 6 hours to get to work this morning(had to go out of town for a call), spent 4 1\2 hours on site, and now {I`m waiting for a ferry to get home. I should be home shortly after 9 tonight. Makes for a long day when you left home at 5:30 in the morning.

Aspen500

Reaction score
We got to 38 today and it's still misting. With the snow and moisture, combined with the relatively warm temps, the fog is terrible. Came out of the garage a bit ago and could barely see the house 25 feet away. Pea soup doesn't come close to describing it.

Last edited:

Aspen500

Reaction score
Edited that part out. Broke my own rule (and the sites rule) and posted political opinion here where it shouldn't be and obviously we have opposite political views, and that's fine.:cool:

What I really need to do is conjure up a way to seam 2 or more pieces of carpet together and make it seamless appearing, where it's impossible to form it without more than one piece like on the wheel well "bump". Hmmmmmmmmm...........The gears are turning, or are they only grinding right now? lol

Justwondering

Reaction score
68 degrees today but gray and cloudy with a cool wind.
Monday - tomorrow we will be at 71, sunny, blue skies.

I have a couple of replacement bolts to purchase, but hope to be able to get the hoses on the backhoe and the bonnet back in place....

I'll try to take pictures.

JW

Last edited:

7T8 Custom

Reaction score
After 4 days of 50+ degree temperatures(3 of them sunny and Friday came with 2 inches of rain), today showed up with a 30 degree drop in temperature(arctic outflow) and it`s been snowing on and off all day with high winds thrown in to boot. Currently looks like a blizzard outside. These temps are supposed to stick around for the next 7 days.

Back