The FMJ Weather Channel

General Non Automotive Discussions

1. Aspen500

Aspen500 Well-Known Member

My sewer pipes are about 6 feet down and normally they'd be fine. Combine extreme cold with partially blocked pipe (roots) and it's a recipe for disaster. The father/son sewer service were great though and, they're also car guys so, it's all good.

I haven't been snowmobiling for almost 25 years. It was fun but got too expensive and we kept getting less and less snow here(some winters the trails never even opened in this county) which means you had to trailer up north, get a hotel room, eat out, $$$$$$$$$$$$$. Besides, I can't stand the cold as much anymore. Getting old(er) really sucks IMO.

2. Oldiron440

Oldiron440 Well-Known Member

Those pictures of the snow and snowmobiles just make my legs hurt, cold doesn't work for me.

3. Aspen500

Grumble, complain, grrrrrrrrr,,,,,,,,,,,Today 2-4" of snow,,,,,,,,Monday periodic snow showers,,,,,,,,,,Tuesday snow with "substantial accumulation possible", what ever that means. Now some more grumbling, complaining and whining followed by a big sigh, because all that won't change the weather. At least it's ABOVE zero, so that's something anyways.

4. 7T8 Custom

7T8 Custom Well-Known Member

The snow the weather people have been threatening for the last 3 days finally showed up with a vengeance. Forecast said 1-3 inches. Thankfully the weather people are never wrong. NOT. A foot on the ground already and still coming down at about 2 inches an hour with no letup in sight. Might be a snow day tomorrow. While I don`t have a problem driving in the snow(service truck I drive is just under 10000Lbs)Everyone else on the road concerns me. That truck is 9'2" tall and 23 feet long but somehow almost completely invisible to other drivers.

5. Oldiron440

Oldiron440 Well-Known Member

Aspen500 thinking snow?
    Looks like its circling over you house.

6. Aspen500

I think it has finally stopped circling. It started last night and never let up. First time since 1993 that I stayed home from work because of snow. There was just no possible way to even get down my street. From the predicted 8-12", we got almost 16" in total. It's days like this that I am so glad for spending all that money on a snowblower a few years ago.