The FMJ Weather Channel

Aspen500

Reaction score
So far, 6" of very heavy, very wet snow on the ground and none of the streets in my neighborhood plowed yet. Left for work, made it about 2 blocks and it was obvious, NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Came back home and drove back in the garage. Imagine trying to drive through half a foot of wet concrete except, make the concrete really, really slippery. Snow is still falling with another 4-6" expected. Was going to be out of work by 11am or so anyways today (officially closed at noon) and the schedule was very light so, not worth the risk trying to drive 15 miles in this crap. County highways would be a lost cause and traffic on the Interstate is going maybe 25 mph at the most. Even if I had 4 wheel or all wheel drive (only have 2 wheel with almost new winter tires), it'd still be about impossible to drive out there this morning.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Edit: After another inch or so, the snow just fizzled out(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) What a bunch of crap to clear.:eek: Heavy wet snow on top of an inch of slush. Just the thing a snowblower works it's best on,,,,NOT. Think I unplugged the chute 100 times this morning. Where the plow came by (finally) it was a lost cause. Ended getting rid of the snow bank the old fashioned way, with a shovel. Apparently, my body isn't 25 years old anymore and isn't letting me forget it, but everything is done.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Rain, freezing rain and sleet turning to snow tonight, 1-2" by morning. Then a lull before heavy snow moves in later on tomorrow and tomorrow night with 6-12" possible, tapering to flurries by Sunday morning. Seriously?:mad: The past couple days are a bad sign for the winter to come, which doesn't even start for another 3 weeks.:(

Oldiron440

Reaction score
Here's my grandson he has a completely different view of winter than I do.
20191130_124424.jpg

Its raining but he doesn't care, he begged me to take him to the sledding hill!
Maybe I'm not as grumpy as I like to think I am......lol

Aspen500

Reaction score
When I was a kid, snow was great. Every year older I get, the more I hate snow. Do I hate it enough to move away from here, obviously not. :confused:

It's raining here right now also. More like a drizzle than actual rain. The snow is still in the forecast for tonight and tomorrow. Complain, whine, frown, swear words, moan.:p

volare 77

Reaction score
I just don`t like snow because of the mess it makes. If I didn`t have to go out in it then it would be ok i guess.

Camtron

Reaction score
It’s been raining here just enough to keep the roads real slick but not actually remove any oil/debris. I kinda prefer driving in the snow over the rain. Car feels like a tank in snow but feels like a hydroplaning death trap in the rain lol
I’m not looking forward to shoveling snow this winter though. I nearly crushed off part of my ring finger in the summer so, the blood flow in it is so bad now that gloves can’t keep it warm enough when it’s cold out.

0CD727A2-6DC6-4497-90B3-F13E86C2168A.jpeg

011FB062-3DB1-400E-A3C9-D4FC04D8447A.jpeg

5F90E405-5CA6-4CD4-892C-1FA99613DD58.jpeg

Camtron

Reaction score
I just spit on it and rubbed it in dirt till I got to the hospital.
Our HR department was mad I wasn’t wearing leather work gloves; Because that would have stopped the 1,000lbs of pressure from crushing my finger lol

Aspen500

Reaction score
OUCH! That looks nasty. I've got 3 fingers and 2 toes that got frostbite fairly bad when I was about 12 years old and to this day, when it gets below 50 degrees (not to mention -20) they can turn white and go numb. Frustrating as all heck.

Camtron

Reaction score
Now i got a toe finger lmfao makes playing guitar tricky

image.jpg

Back