The FMJ Weather Channel

General Non Automotive Discussions

1. Oldiron440

Oldiron440 Well-Known Member

See there is nothing to complain about......:)

2. Aspen500

Aspen500 Well-Known Member

Oh
    Oh, you don't have to worry. I can always find SOMETHING to complain about:D

3. Aspen500

mat 15 2019.jpg

4. Aspen500

Seems they were wrong with the forecast. Yesterday it never hit 50 and rained almost the entire day. So far, it's no better today. Raining and 38 degrees :(
    On Thursday evening I was out mowing the lawn and it was still 75 degrees (after a high of 79), the sun was shining, humidity was 24% and there was a slight breeze of 3-5mph,,,,,,,,,,,,,,absolute perfection. Weekend comes and nothing but crap. Sigh.................................

5. BudW

BudW Moderator Staff Member

We have a very high threat of major tornados today, in Oklahoma.
    I would assume that might also affect JustWondering, maybe.
    BudW

6. Aspen500

We had nothing but rain all day and a so called "high" of 43 degrees on Sunday. Saturday wasn't much, if any, better. :(

Last edited: May 20, 2019 at 5:19 PM
  7. Oldiron440

Oldiron440 Well-Known Member

It called for rain bun nothing so far, just sun and 60°.

8. Aspen500

Rain or no rain, I just wish it would warm the bleep up already. Getting to the end of May and it barely broke 50 today and, there was frost in the low lying areas this morning.:(:mad::(

9. Aspen500

Wish and ye shall receive I guess. After a rouge wind storm around 2:30 am for half an hour last night, with winds up to 70 mph (no t-storm, not really any rain either, odd) this afternoon, the drizzle and crap cleared out and the temp shot up to over 70!!!!!!!!! The wind made a mess though. About 30,000 customers without power in the metro area this morning, trees down, crap scattered everywhere............ The 3 day weekend is supposed to be spectacular, sunny and in the low 70's. if it's true, all I can say is, it's about flippin' time!

10. volare 77

volare 77 Well-Known Member

Got a short rain storm today. just what we needed was more rain.

11. Justwondering

Justwondering Well-Known Member

All the rain went to BudW where the floodwaters began to rise.

I have rain, high humidity, mud, dirt, then it rains again and the cycle repeats.

Being a shade tree mechanic in the rain/high humidity/mud is no fun.
    Misquitos are out but all the pretty plants blooming as well.

Aspen500 I swear you would complain if you were hung dead by a brand new gold rope only it would be really creative and we would all love it. (the complaint, not the dead part).

lol
    JW

12. Aspen500

Thanks JW,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I think.;)

OK, no more complaining, I promise, lol. One plus of the weather we've had is, there are no bugs to speak of and zero mosquito's. Think I've cleaned maybe half a dozen bugs off the windshield so far this year. Never really have them (mosquito's) around my house anyways. Lots of bats (which give me the creeps) but no blood sucking insects.

Supposed to finally get to spring today and potentially stay there, sunny and high 70's (!!!!!!), once the dense fog goes away that is. Can barely see the building across the street right now.

13. BudW

BudW Moderator Staff Member

Rain ... rain. I’m not sure what you mean (he he).

In last 30 days, I’ve gotten 12.2 inches (31 cm) of rain, the 60 days, 18.2 inches (46.2 cm) of rain. The last 365 days, I’ve received 59.7 inches (151.6 cm).

We (only) average 32.4 inches (82.3 cm) of rain, per year.

I’ve got 1 acre of property, with about 130 trees on it - most of which is white oak. After a normal storm, we typically get a small puddle form in our front yard – which lasts a few hours. After a heavy storm (lots of rain) we might have a good small pond (15 feet, or so, in diameter) that sticks around for a day. After the rain we got Monday, which had a PDS warning (Particularly Dangerous Situation), our pond turned into a lake – which shortly later, my house (more or less) was “lake-front property”. I didn’t get any damage – but our storm cellar got a couple of inches of water in it (from high water table, seeping through the concrete) hours later.

My son has been griping that he can’t mow (which means he can’t get paid). We got another 1/2 inch of rain last night (included in the figures, above) and expecting more rain today.
    BudW