Dodge Aspen restoration project for my exam in one topic.

Mr C

Reaction score
I depends on what you want.

For reliability manifolds are vastly superior to headers (no leaks, they don't rot out, no burnt spark plug wires, no trapped starter, less heat etc). Mopar HP manifolds (intake and exhaust) flow quite well and you can build a stout street engine and still avoid the header headaches

For performance, headers flow better, so if you want/need the impressive numbers for racing etc. you'll need to flow more air.

I avoid headers...too much aggravation for too little gain in my opinion...but I'm no racer. I drive my cars on the street as much as I can.

Kaitsu

Reaction score
Yeah, I think I´ll go with exh. manifold, at least I can then put in EGR and that thermo-plate that gives hot air to air intake shaft. I really don´t feel like welding/re- sealing/ changing the headers every now and then. I red about the M1 int. manifolds and all I hear is good about their reliability and street-worthy. Not going to the track anyway so I need the power on low-mid RPM.

Kaitsu

Reaction score
To another topic: Are there any kind of wire harness manufacturers who make wirings for an F-body? All I can find is Charger/Camaro/Mustang/Corvette harnesses and I was changing my light bulbs today and found out that the wiring under dash is really messed up that theyre gonna short anytime soon.

Kaitsu

Reaction score
Happy New Years Evening for you folks across the sea! I was wondering if there are still sites where I can order those OEM style connectors, insulators and splices? I´ve tried everywhere on google but all it gives me is some universal connectors that cost like 20 dollars a piece.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Happy New Year to you as well.
I personally haven't heard of anyone making pre made harnesses.
I knew a gut who used to make F body one's but I don't think he still is.

Kaitsu

Reaction score
Could have guessed so... I need to start stripping (wires) day after tomorrow then. I already have underhood harness and a tail light harness to be working with, replacing and confirming every in the harness and then reassemblying it.

Kaitsu

Reaction score
Yeah, I get a blown fuse, I guess its because I have pneumatic rear shocks and the adjusting buttons are on the cigarette lighter/ashtray spot on the panel. Why can´t people just let them be original if they don´t know the consequences?

9secRR

Reaction score
[QUOTE Why can´t people just let them be original if they don´t know the consequences?[/QUOTE]

then it would be to easy!!!!

Kaitsu

Reaction score
Could anyone shoot me where can I buy these OEM style connectors, insulators and so on? As fas as I can find theyre just some random connector/insulators. I´m now working on my rear end lighting harness and cracked the original harness connectors, they were just too crunchy to be taken apart...

Kaitsu

Reaction score
Today it happened: the rear air shocks blew out. Any idea of what manufacturer makes as-close-as-possible original heavy duty shocks?

Kaitsu

Reaction score
I sent an inquiry to some company called "Year One Inc" if they would like to make a wiring harness for an F- body Chrysler since they do up to -74 Chrysler vehicle harnesses. Rebuilding a harness really takes too much time from me if I´d want to rebuild it all the way. Hope they agree to do the complete harness if I provide the schematics and splice locations etc etc...

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Keep us posted on that one.
A lot of companies don't see profit making parts for our cars yet so they tend to pass on us.

Kaitsu

Reaction score
I sure hope that they are willing to start working on them as well. I´ts weird thing that Year One is said to be exclusive wiring harness manufacturer for Chrysler vehicles, however, they only make "ready to order" harnesses only about the biggest model names.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Same deal with sheet metal and other parts. A,B and E bodies are the money makers. We aren't on the radar....yet.

Kaitsu

Reaction score
Oh well, sheet metal can be found on junkyards for a few years to come. At least here in Finland they´ve trashed so many engines and trannys theyre getting to the junkyard since no one knows how to repair them. Especially auto transmissions. I think that other platforms will be recognized in few years, I mean, the A/B/E cars have been on demand for so long I don´t wonder people would like to be more original when they´re buying their MoPars.

I didn´t know how strong I could be today: I lift the whole cast iron block out of the trunk of my Aspen and then got it to the house in one lift! The block must weight at least 80 kilos...

Kaitsu

Reaction score
I got an answer from Year one and they said, as expected, "
Unfortunately we are not able to provide this. You might contact harness manufacturers found at www.hemmings.com and also look for possible sources at Mopar forums.

Damn it is hard to find a company to make harnesses, even if you have an original harness to match with.

Kaitsu

Reaction score
I tried two other major harness builders and Lectric Ltd told that they only manufacture ignition wires for 80s era cars. Painless performance told that they aren´t interested at all in other than A, B and E- bodied MoPars.

Kaitsu

Reaction score
Hallelujah and come this way friends: woke up this morning to check Email and this thing popped in there:
[h=3]Bradsnos@aol.com[/h]
8:41 PM (9 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

Hi there,

Regarding your inquiry, we can put together complete wiring for your 1980 Dodge Aspen ;

- front end and engine wiring recondtioned $299.95
- under dash wiring reconditioned $475.00
- body taill lamp wiring recondtioned $199.00

Above prices include using cores off of our parts cars here and the core price is included. Allow 6 - 8 weeks turnaround . Small wiring such as wiper motor and engine start available as well. I would need to know ;

- body style 2 or 4 door ?
- engine size
- VIN number

Online order(s) can be invoiced to your Paypal account. Or you can call in a credit card number. Checks welcome as well.

Please let me know if you are interested in these item(s) or if I could be of service in the future.,
Thanks
www.bradsnosparts.com

Please Note: good used or special order item(s) may take up to four weeks before shipping!

Brad’s NOS Parts,
1420 Lake Dogwood Drive,
PO Box 2988,
West Columbia, SC 29171,
Phone: 803-755-0066, Fax: 803-755-9722,
Please visit our website at www.bradsnosparts.com for quick ordering. If replying to an inquiry you sent, Please include all previous email history along with your new message. Thank you. This is greatly appreciated.

Back