any one have knowledge of a food online wiring guide I kinda need some help

armataz

Reaction score
OK, decided to strip down the S/E for the interior parts I need. because I can also use it for the duster. the duster is an A/C car too so it will use some of the part I got from the LaBaron. hopefully I'll have both my blue wagon and the duster back on the road this summer.

View attachment 48883
also because most of the le barron parts I bought were rust rotten.and no longer worked

armataz

Reaction score
pulled the seats, wire harness, heater box and most if the plastic out of the SE and I have all the melted parts out, I just need to pull the speedo cable and burnt harness out. to start putting the service wagon back together looks like early summer and it will be back to work. I'm driving her now for short hops just to maintain her mechanics.
the track rails for the bucket seats are good, but the seat frames were rotten(guess the foam held water and rusted them out) I have a set of black high backs. that I'll mount on the rails and string new bailing wire to the slide releases.

armataz

Reaction score
the SE might still make a good custom build if some one is interested. stick in a duster dash kit from year one and some scrap yard buckets. it has a steering column stripped 225 and trans I wont be using.

armataz

Reaction score
I found another set of gages off e=bay, for the lebaron panel, but I dint realize the OD was digital any one know if it would work with the non digital harness? it is only an 86 MPH gage, but I dont plan on burring the needle too often, LOL thanks

armataz

Reaction score
well, heres something new then, it has a digital OD and other than that, it looks like the correct cluster

DSCN0053.JPG

DSCN0054.JPG

this was the one that was all rusted out so I cant use it. for comparison

DSCN0251.JPG

Last edited:

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
It is the correct cluster but the digital odometer is completely custom. They never came that way so whatever they did for the harness would have been custom too.

armataz

Reaction score
It is the correct cluster but the digital odometer is completely custom. They never came that way so whatever they did for the harness would have been custom too.
well, in that case, I dont see any differences in the circuit boards so I'm going to assume it is safe to use. if it lights up, or not wont really matter. since it's not the original miles any way. thanks. TAZ

armataz

Reaction score
hey mike,
I think I solved the mystery of the digital OD, I was looking at the quad pack of accessory gauges that came with it, and the one that normally says seat belts, say's Air bag.
evidently these are updated gauges, out of a much newer car (mid 80's at least). outwardly they look the same, but the devils in the details.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Pop it apart and take some pics you've got me curious whats going on. It's not air bag related because right up to the end these cars never came with digital odometers. Other then the airbag system the only physical difference was that air bag light and a knee bolster. And i think starter relay?

20240522_190705.jpg

armataz

Reaction score
as the picture shows, it has the factory white plastic pins holding it together, so I dont know how it could have been modified? but I'll take more pics for you.,I would not mind figuring out how,if it was,, the junk spedo has a 100MPH face. and cable gear, so I would not mind swapping parts, if I knew how.

Last edited:

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Those 3 black pins sticking out of the front, you can squeeze them with pliers from the back to pull them through to get the face off. Then you end up with this..
The gearing is different in the heads between the different speed models so parts might not be that swappable but at least that gets you apart to see what's going on or to clean stuff up or experiment with it.
You need to twist off the trip meter know too, hold the shaft and just twist the knob backwards.

20240523_012116.jpg

armataz

Reaction score
K thanks,I thought the pins were plastic rivets, that would need to be drilled or cut.
also thought the speedo worm gear that the cable connects to could just be swapped. again because I dint know how, I was just assuming.
I'lltry what you said, but I dont want to break it. these are not exactly cheap. and I dont want to have to keep buying them ;-)
Taz

armataz

Reaction score
K now I'm just Pizzed, I was ripped off. I pulled it apart this morning and the speedo/OD guts have been removed, it's not digital, it's just gone. buyer beware. guess I'm still in the market for a speedo/OD.
this really sucks.
TAZ

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
That sucks!

Here's one on ebay. It's actually from a 78 so goes up higher then the later ones but not as high as a cop one.

Maybe someone here who has changed to a police speedometer has they're old one to get rid of?

armataz

Reaction score
thanks,
That sucks!

Here's one on ebay. It's actually from a 78 so goes up higher then the later ones but not as high as a cop one.

Maybe someone here who has changed to a police speedometer has they're old one to get rid of?

[/URL][/URL]
thanks, right now E-bay is being a jerk and not letting me buy, because I dont want to store my info on their site.
while they say you can buy almost everything as a guest, right now every time I try, it askes for a password.
so I have to wait, until they let me buy again.
just wondering about sumtin..how do you change the speedo needle? I noticed yours was broken.I dont see a set screw or pin. thanks.

Last edited:

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
I think that's how mine might have broke and I'm not sure how sensitive it is to having pressure put on that shaft. It's pretty delicate how it works and probably gets affected pretty easily.

armataz

Reaction score
The needle is pressed on. You have to carefully pull it off the pin, and I do mean CAREFULLY.
thanks, the needel has to be removed to swap the face, so I guess I better hope the speedo is still available, mike linked to. when E-bay lets me buy again.

Back