Doba is in Primer

Bruceynz

Reaction score
Back side view

IMG_20161224_075922.jpg

Bruceynz

Reaction score
its that crap fit on them, they don't even meet up with the center filler, so it was paint 98% of the car and sort them later, at least mine match the body now after $400 worth of work at a fiberglass shop!

Bruceynz

Reaction score
I am going to have one of the nicest looking dobas around, great color, great wheels, the paint and body work all curtios of my friend, taken a year to get to this point! But has only cost paint and sand paper. Great to have really good friends who share the passion.

Bruceynz

Reaction score
She has had some work done, 318 to 360, 17" wheels on low profile tires, ff top A arms, ff solid pucks, kyb gas shocks, heavy feel power steering, new ball joints and sleeves, addco front and rear anti sway bars, engery spring pads, 8.25" rear end on 3.21:1 ratio, 5th ave leather steering wheel, new window rubbers and more!

Last edited:

Bruceynz

Reaction score
The darker colors make the bright work stand out more. I like my car to be how I like it, stock standard unmodified cars just don't do it for me, although I am not into radical changes. I think it looks very smart!

Bruceynz

Reaction score
JC Whitney

Look on the inside too, you will see the top door molding is not cracked!! Its brand new as well made from zintec. So all these parts that you guys have told me are unavailable I now have replaced. With the new rubbers and window pushers the door glass closes in nice and tight rather than a loose rattle fit. I drove my car yesterday and you guys would not believe how nice it drives now, got a modern ride to it, a modern steering, at 30mph (town driving) its just drives dead straight I don't have to correct it or anything, it doesn't wander, its quite amazing my friends who get in can't believe its 30+ years old!

IMG_20161225_092705.jpg

Last edited:

Justwondering

Reaction score
lol
thats pretty much what I think when I get up each morning and look in the mirror ... way over 30 years and I'm still perambulating every day ... what friends are still coherent can't believe it either.

Bruceynz

Reaction score
Well I am like a kid in a candy store! I can see my project is nearing completion! I would not call it a full on nut and bolt restoration but more like a complete modernization. Anyway this is the view of my car sitting at my PC when the side door is open, looks so good! Got no idea why muscle car guys shun these! They got everyting going for them, small, compact, light can take a 408 stroker and any other running gear!

IMG_20161226_110303.jpg

Bruceynz

Reaction score
Wrenching on mopars and seeing your thoughts and ideas of what you personally think will look good all coming together and then other people also find your ideas, thoughts on colors and wheels etc all finished must mean I have done something right :) Thanks for the great feedback!

Bruceynz

Reaction score
What I have tried to do is build the Cordoba the way it should of always been out of the factory, 360, 8.25" rear on 3.21, bigger wheels, sway bars, etc etc but what we got was choked up 318s on weak 7.25" rear end sitting on small wheels with no stability in the corners. WOW has my car changed, it drives, rides, performs way better than stock!

kkritsilas

Reaction score
All the types of the cars on this board (Fs, Js, and Ms) have nothing fundamentally wrong with them. The only real issues are due to Ma Mopar cutting corners to save money. If there was one architectural issue, it would be the transverse torsion bar suspension geometry. This is really only an issue for all out corner carvers and road race typw cars. For anything short of that, there is not much of any design shortcomings that was designed in.

Back