Heavy Metal Hell raiser

compubert

Reaction score
Ooops, my bad. Better find my real glasses... sorry. thanks for the quick response..

greymouser7

Reaction score
Battery tray has been Ospho'd and now wiped off with alcohol. Now to be primer sealed.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

photo_001.jpg

photo_002.jpg

Blackbirdsrt78

Reaction score
got the passenger side vent hole welded up today just needs the welds ground down and check for holes with a light through the other side. then we are pouring some epoxy primer in there and drenching it in rubber undercoat...that should keep it from rusting through again.. the driver side vent hole is going to need a little more work than the passenger side it was the ugly side I'll post some pics tomorrow to show the progress.. as soon as the vent holes are patched up we can insulate the firewall and re install the dash assembly. We pulled a remote adjusting sport mirror from the donor volare today that has the mirror adjuster incorporated into the dash near the ashtray..the passenger door did not have a mirror on it so to install that mirror we are going to have to drill holes for the sport mirror. that is all hopefully going to happen in the next few days.

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
That is really good patch and repair work. Very nice. Isn't it amazing how much the factory used all that sealer in the old days and even with time they still seemed to get rust on the inside and outside of our vehicles. I always thought that it was funny when I would see the stuff just slopped on there and half of it not even in the seams Lol.

Last edited:

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Well you are doing a awesome professional job. Thanks for always posting and sharing the awesome pictures.

Blackbirdsrt78

Reaction score
yeah it really seems like the assemblers didnt care much both our cars have globs of random seam sealer everywhere...I just want the water to stay out side of the car where it belongs...whats left is drenching the repair in OSPHO, paint and rubber undercoat, and what ever else we can get in there to seal it up...:icon_king:

Blackbirdsrt78

Reaction score
Got back at it today hopefully the weather cooperates with us long enough for me to finish welding the fire wall up.

Back