Modoba

Duke5A

Reaction score
A buddy had slotted mags on a 79 Grenada in high school. I liked them and they weren't even polished like yours. They look good on your car.

80mirada

Reaction score
The baddest car in my High School parking lot when I was a Freshman, was a Nightwatch Blue 80 Mirada. It had a super nasty 360 that my cousin had built. It was wearing polished slots, that car was straight up badass. The wheels just fit for the era

DCAspen

Reaction score
How big of a tire?Those 5 on 5 rims are 7 inch .

jasperjacko

Reaction score
The rears are 295-50-15 on a 9" wheel, fronts are 245 on 8" wheel.

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Well, been acquiring parts for the next phase of Modoba. Started the 408 engine build, but it's on pause until we get moved into the house that we bought 2 years ago. Hoping to get back on the car this fall. I will be doing the engine build and other updates on this thread going forward. Some here may remember me talking about putting in 5 speed manual, well that's going to happen. It was just shipped the house the other day. It's a Tremec tkx from SilverSport.

20230603_135047.jpg

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Well, been acquiring parts for the next phase of Modoba. Started the 408 engine build, but it's on pause until we get moved into the house that we bought 2 years ago. Hoping to get back on the car this fall. I will be doing the engine build and other updates on this thread going forward. Some here may remember me talking about putting in 5 speed manual, well that's going to happen. It was just shipped the house the other day. It's a Tremec tkx from SilverSport.

View attachment 49942
Did some preliminary measurements and looks like the mount and yoke are very close to factory position. Should not need excessive tunnel mods.

jasperjacko

Reaction score
It's going to get a full repaint too. I've had it 11 years and it's time.

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Had a little time to do some test assembly on the 408, and found my pistons are about .010 above the deck surface. Turns out my stroker kit is for a la block, and I have a magnum. Is a thicker head gasket a legitimate fix for the situation? Hoping to hear feedback from all the engine builder guys here. thanks.

Back