Modoba

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Just a bit. I'm looking at a Borla touring muffler now. Straight through design and still quieter.

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Going to muffler shop tomorrow to have the Borla installed. Will post update.

moreada

Reaction score
Apologies if this has been mentioned, but is there a name for those style of factory wheels you have on your car? I am trying to find a set possibly for my Mirada and I know they were stock on some Cordoba's and Imperial's, but unsure how to search. Your car looks amazing, I am envious.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Those are generally called 5 on 5s, and were available on Cordobas (if you are talkeing about the ones on page 1, posting #8). The alloy wheels tha came on the Mirada CMX are generally called 10 spokes, and the Imperial wheels are called snowflakes (and a completely different design than the Trans Am snowflakes, more low key and elegant). Jasper Jacko spent a lot of time and effort getting them to look the way that they do; these are polished forged aluminum; they came painted from the factory in some sort of silver/argent color. I like all 3 designs, but my favourite is the 5 on 5s, followed by the snowflakes, and to my eye, the 5 on 5s are the sportiest (so base Mirada, Mirada CMX or Cordoba LS), and the snowflakes are more formal/elegant (so Cordoba, Cordoba Crown Coupe, or Imperial)m but these are just personal opinions.

Last edited:

moreada

Reaction score
Those are generally called 5 on 5s, and were available on Cordobas (if you are talkeing about the ones on page 1, posting #8). The alloy wheels tha came on the Mirada CMX are generally called 10 spokes, and the Imperial wheels are called snowflakes (and a completely different design than the Trans Am snowflakes, more low key and elegant). Jasper Jacko spent a lot of time and effort getting them to look the way that they do; these are polished forged aluminum; they came painted from the factory in some sort of silver/argent color. I like all 3 designs, but my favourite is the 5 on 5s, followed by the snowflakes, and to my eye, the 5 on 5s are the sportiest (so base Mirada, Mirada CMX or Cordoba LS), and the snowflakes are more formal/elegant (so Cordoba, Cordoba Crown Coupe, or Imperial)m but these are just personal opinions.

Thanks for this. I noticed the polishing that Jasper Jacko did on them, very worth the effort IMO. It's money that is hard to come by... time is something I have plenty of :glasses9:

I will search out the snowflakes... It's tricky finding wheels that look good on the Mirada, and some of you have found some beautiful wheels, and give me hope I will have some luck. Now I need to hunt for some 5 on 5's locally. I may head to the wrecker as we are a small town with a big yard :thumbsup:

Sorry to derail.

Back to the OP's topic:

What size tires are you running? And, is your car lowered or at a stock ride height? Thanks, sorry for all the questions, your build is very meticulous. I like.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
From an old post by Lowbudget, the snowflakes look like this (in grey):

dip wheel.jpg

and for reference my 5 on 5s looked like this (contrast with Jasper Jacko's wheels):

5on4.jpg

dip wheel.jpg

5on4.jpg

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Moreada, 255-60 rear 245-60 front. Aspen 77rt, yes, 904, 8.25. Will post a sound clip. It does seem to have the power back with the Borla Pro xs muffler. It's basically a straight through muffler. It's louder that I wanted, but I believe it's not possible to have a free flowing, quiet single 3" exhaust. Maybe a resonator in the tailpipe, but I have to stop...... this has become one expen$ive single exhaust system!

aspen77rt

Reaction score
Moreada, 255-60 rear 245-60 front. Aspen 77rt, yes, 904, 8.25. Will post a sound clip. It does seem to have the power back with the Borla Pro xs muffler. It's basically a straight through muffler. It's louder that I wanted, but I believe it's not possible to have a free flowing, quiet single 3" exhaust. Maybe a resonator in the tailpipe, but I have to stop...... this has become one expen$ive single exhaust system!

That 3" sounds goooood though.

If you wouldn't mind, the next time you happen to be under your Doba, can I get the drive shaft length? The 8.25 for the Mirada is being prepped to get dropped in later this year.

u-joint to u-joint Measurement A
Driveshaft-1.jpg

jasperjacko

Reaction score
right now they are the factory springs but I had a half leaf added to the front like a superstock spring. It sits higher than I want tohough.

aspen77rt

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm trying to get a picture of stock spring height. Mine are saggy. Looking at EPSO 5 leafs with a 2" drop, along with FF drop spindles for the front.

Back