Random Pics

SonOfaTomP

Reaction score

been checking this thing out. car looks gross tho plus i'd need to grab CVPI rims and get new tires. not many Aero CVPIs around anymore

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
they just pop up on FB pretty regularly around me. I wouldn’t hate to have a cordoba or imperial but I want to get my hands on a D-150/250 before I get another car.
Definitely been taking a pilgrimage into trucks, lol

I’m fighting the urge to grab this, lol

View attachment 52385
That's badass!

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
[/URL][/URL][/URL]

been checking this thing out. car looks gross tho plus i'd need to grab CVPI rims and get new tires. not many Aero CVPIs around anymore
If it's not a rot box then grab it, problem is they like to rot on the passenger side frame rail under the ac (they drip water constantly right on the frame) and they like to rot on the frame rails right where the fenders meets the doors.

Rear frame rails like to rot behind the rear wheels. If it's all solid grab it. They're indestructible and parts are everywhere still. The early 4.6 ones though like this one like to eat coolant from the intake manifolds. There's some goofy Dupont made coolant crossover in the intake that likes to let go. So if that hasn't been replaced you can drive the price down

Edit: Intake Manifold Recall Information | Body of Knowledge - Powertrain | Crownvic.net

Aspen500

Reaction score
I replaced many of those intakes with the updated/recall ones. The plastic coolant cross over would crack behind the alternator. Frame rot, I concur, lol. Actually haven't seen one of those in years. They all sort of just rusted away......

The other annoying problem with the 4.6 (and 5.4 2V) is, they like to blow the spark plugs out. Can't begin to count how many threaded inserts I installed on them, using a kit made specifically for those engines.

SonOfaTomP

Reaction score
i feel like if i bought it, i'd have to rent a rug doctor to clean it. wear a mask too. looks funky in there. like why wouldn't you clean it up when tryna sell it?

Camtron

Reaction score
i feel like if i bought it, i'd have to rent a rug doctor to clean it. wear a mask too. looks funky in there. like why wouldn't you clean it up when tryna sell it?
Mask up for sure when dealing with them funky interior clean ups. Fungus/mold ain’t nothing to mess with. I’m biased though, I lost a good amount of my right lung to fungus; but that was from inhaling dust at some point while living in Arizona, not cleaning a car, lol

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
I replaced many of those intakes with the updated/recall ones. The plastic coolant cross over would crack behind the alternator. Frame rot, I concur, lol. Actually haven't seen one of those in years. They all sort of just rusted away......

The other annoying problem with the 4.6 (and 5.4 2V) is, they like to blow the spark plugs out. Can't begin to count how many threaded inserts I installed on them, using a kit made specifically for those engines.
I owned and drove a lot of Town Cars and Crown Vics. Never had the plugs blow out. I know that happened in a lot of trucks though. I think it had more to do with the wrong torque spec provided by Ford.

Lots of town cars and crown vics still on the road here. They're good cars if the frames aren't rotted out.

Those lower rear seats used to be really easy to find, because every police department chucked them for plastic seats.

Oh and fungus is nothing to play with, that shit can kill or get in places you don't want, like your head...

Aspen500

Reaction score
Problem with the plugs is the depth of the threads, they're only about 5/16". Like 4 or 5 threads. There's just not enough holding the plugs. You're right, incorrect torque will make it worse, but they blew out on new vehicles that were 6 months old with 5,000 miles so.......Worst part was, before the thread insert kits came out, the only repair was a new head. Heli-Coils won't work. What the heck though, I'm retired and don't have to work on any of them anymore, lol!

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
03+ are the better ones to get.
That one looks clean but between the science project interior and bad transmission they're wanting way too much.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
03+ are the better ones to get.
That one looks clean but between the science project interior and bad transmission they're wanting way too much.
I'm a fan of the 02 and older with a steering box than the 03 and up with that aluminum cross member and steering rack (although those are a lot more fun to drive)

Last edited:

Camtron

Reaction score
Sharp; real sharp.

IMG_7302.jpeg

Camtron

Reaction score
Yes it is. He’s finishing up the fuel system to get it running, then it just plumbing the A/C and wrapping up the wire harness. Cool Midwest car he’s in Kenosha, Wisconsin.

SonOfaTomP

Reaction score
now that's a cool daily. good to see modern engine will fit in these shall our 318s ever die. surprised i haven't seen an LS in an F or M.

Camtron

Reaction score
It’s warm somewhere…not here, it’s snowing here too. But some guys are enjoying the sun already.

IMG_7308.jpeg

Aspen500

Reaction score
Oh, it WAS warm and sunny for awhile here also, with zero snow on the ground for over more than a month. Not so much now.........

No cars out yet though. Still salt everywhere and the salt dust almost does more damage than when it's wet and slushy.

Camtron

Reaction score
Oh, it WAS warm and sunny for awhile here also, with zero snow on the ground for over more than a month. Not so much now.........

No cars out yet though. Still salt everywhere and the salt dust almost does more damage than when it's wet and slushy.
It’s been a mess down here. Freezing, 70s, 40s, back to 70s, back to freezing. The HAARP weather machine must be broken.

Back