1. Oldiron440

Oldiron440 Well-Known Member

That is wacked.........:confused:

2. Camtron

Camtron Well-Known Member

Lmfao, alright all joking aside. You guys probably remember when women didn’t often have tattoos and things...I don’t.

36EFC69E-2D0B-4393-AD08-F9B5381C51C8.jpeg

3. Oldiron440

Oldiron440 Well-Known Member

Ya I've never understood why a beautiful woman would put ink all over something that looks so nice to begin with. I have never seen a tattoo that added to the person.

4. Aspen500

Aspen500 Well-Known Member

I've seen way too many formerly beautiful women who ruined their looks with a bunch of tattoo's. To each their own but tattoos on a women are a huge turnoff.
    I like no tattoo's, no piercings aside from maybe ear lobes and with some "carpet" below the waist. :) If she's a redhead, all the better!

5. kkritsilas

kkritsilas Well-Known Member

No matter what you think of tattoos, I would like to add two points:

1. Discretion is the better part of valor. In this particular discussion, a couple of tattoos can look good. There is no reason to cover over half your body with them, because they get too busy and your eyes don't know what to take in. Sort of a less is more sort of thing.

2. Tattoos don't reproduce well. People often take pictures of their tattoos to show them off, I guess. They must never look at the resulting pictures, because most often, the tattoos come out looking like a smudged mess, because of the limitations of photography (and I don't care how many megapixels your camera is, or if it has 150 bits of colour depth). Any fine graduations of colour end up blending together, and the resolution, unless the picture is taken very close up, blurs the details together.

6. Camtron

This was a 318, that got a 402 stroker kit and FiTech. Tonight it got Custom manifolds and turbo worked out.
    Crammed into a 74 Gold Duster.
    Do you guys care for turbos or are you more N/A or Supercharger kinda guys?

384841FA-352F-47F5-ADD5-C98A88BD82EB.jpeg

1DF06E8A-B3AF-4D27-AF36-A2846A96B2F4.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019 at 11:46 AM
    jasperjacko likes this.
  7. 80mirada

80mirada Well-Known Member

I like all three. I've had turbo cars, and even thought of putting a turbo kit on my Mirada.

8. BudW

BudW Moderator Staff Member

Personally, I have no problems with turbocharging or supercharged cars. That said, it is more work than I want to put into a car. Many cars nowadays are charged (turbo or super).
    My diesel pickup is turbocharged, and I’ve been playing with the idea adding a second turbo to it. Back in the ‘80’s I owned a Shelby Daytona with a 2.2L stage 2 (or 3, maybe) turbo.

I might have piped that a bit differently. It also looks like this is still a work in progress (engine still has a normal air cleaner installed). Maybe even flipping the turbo upside down so air intake would be pointed towards the radiator or rotating it a bit more so intake (blue arrow) is facing forward. I'm not the best person to ask about modifications - so don't listen to me.
    untitled.png
    If you can get a turbo (or two) put in an A-body, then you can also get it to fit into an FMJ (same basic size engine compartment).
    BudW

9. Camtron

Yea, it’s still a work in progress.
    I don’t know much about turbos but, I’d imagine you’d want the piping to be similar lengths on each bank because they’re divided at the exhaust housing on the turbo. Keep both banks of the engine flowing at as close to similar rate for maximum efficiency. Or, maybe the turbo completely over comes piping distances and bends and such and it’s all just done for ascetics. Perhaps someone with more knowledge on turbo V8s can chime in.

10. BudW

BudW Moderator Staff Member

Whose car is it and I’m guessing you are involved with it somewhat?

If car was NA (Naturally Aspirated) then I would agree with the equal length tubes. Sense the exhaust side is pressurized (before turbo) – I can’t comment any further and can only speculate. I would "guess" the tubing length might not matter. Tubing size and bends would, though.

When working with hot exhaust, any bends will radiate heat, as well. For car headers, this is not a real big issue, sense most bend is under the car and gets airflow when car is moving.

In this case, the tubing (as shown) modifications look nice. If an intercooler is not going to be used, I would think clocking the intake housing where it has a straighter shot to carburetor/FI would be beneficial.
    384841FA-352F-47F5-ADD5-C98A88BD82EB_jpeg.jpg
    If it is going to an intercooler next, then never mind.
    BudW

11. Camtron

Just a build I’m following. Blowoff and Intercooler piping is the next part of the build for them. After reaching out to the shop doing the install and fab, the pipes are run at near equally lengths to maximize flow efficiency so they can get everything out of it. So to an extent, depending on what you’re trying to get at the end of the build, it doesn’t matter.