Random Pics

Camtron

Reaction score
Lmfao, alright all joking aside. You guys probably remember when women didn’t often have tattoos and things...I don’t.

36EFC69E-2D0B-4393-AD08-F9B5381C51C8.jpeg

Oldiron440

Reaction score
Ya I've never understood why a beautiful woman would put ink all over something that looks so nice to begin with. I have never seen a tattoo that added to the person.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I've seen way too many formerly beautiful women who ruined their looks with a bunch of tattoo's. To each their own but tattoos on a women are a huge turnoff.
I like no tattoo's, no piercings aside from maybe ear lobes and with some "carpet" below the waist. :) If she's a redhead, all the better!

kkritsilas

Reaction score
No matter what you think of tattoos, I would like to add two points:

1. Discretion is the better part of valor. In this particular discussion, a couple of tattoos can look good. There is no reason to cover over half your body with them, because they get too busy and your eyes don't know what to take in. Sort of a less is more sort of thing.

2. Tattoos don't reproduce well. People often take pictures of their tattoos to show them off, I guess. They must never look at the resulting pictures, because most often, the tattoos come out looking like a smudged mess, because of the limitations of photography (and I don't care how many megapixels your camera is, or if it has 150 bits of colour depth). Any fine graduations of colour end up blending together, and the resolution, unless the picture is taken very close up, blurs the details together.

Camtron

Reaction score
This was a 318, that got a 402 stroker kit and FiTech. Tonight it got Custom manifolds and turbo worked out.
Crammed into a 74 Gold Duster.
Do you guys care for turbos or are you more N/A or Supercharger kinda guys?

384841FA-352F-47F5-ADD5-C98A88BD82EB.jpeg

1DF06E8A-B3AF-4D27-AF36-A2846A96B2F4.jpeg

Last edited:

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Personally, I have no problems with turbocharging or supercharged cars. That said, it is more work than I want to put into a car. Many cars nowadays are charged (turbo or super).
My diesel pickup is turbocharged, and I’ve been playing with the idea adding a second turbo to it. Back in the ‘80’s I owned a Shelby Daytona with a 2.2L stage 2 (or 3, maybe) turbo.

I might have piped that a bit differently. It also looks like this is still a work in progress (engine still has a normal air cleaner installed). Maybe even flipping the turbo upside down so air intake would be pointed towards the radiator or rotating it a bit more so intake (blue arrow) is facing forward. I'm not the best person to ask about modifications - so don't listen to me.
untitled.png

If you can get a turbo (or two) put in an A-body, then you can also get it to fit into an FMJ (same basic size engine compartment).
BudW

Camtron

Reaction score
Yea, it’s still a work in progress.
I don’t know much about turbos but, I’d imagine you’d want the piping to be similar lengths on each bank because they’re divided at the exhaust housing on the turbo. Keep both banks of the engine flowing at as close to similar rate for maximum efficiency. Or, maybe the turbo completely over comes piping distances and bends and such and it’s all just done for ascetics. Perhaps someone with more knowledge on turbo V8s can chime in.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Whose car is it and I’m guessing you are involved with it somewhat?

If car was NA (Naturally Aspirated) then I would agree with the equal length tubes. Sense the exhaust side is pressurized (before turbo) – I can’t comment any further and can only speculate. I would "guess" the tubing length might not matter. Tubing size and bends would, though.

When working with hot exhaust, any bends will radiate heat, as well. For car headers, this is not a real big issue, sense most bend is under the car and gets airflow when car is moving.

In this case, the tubing (as shown) modifications look nice. If an intercooler is not going to be used, I would think clocking the intake housing where it has a straighter shot to carburetor/FI would be beneficial.
384841FA-352F-47F5-ADD5-C98A88BD82EB_jpeg.jpg

If it is going to an intercooler next, then never mind.
BudW

Camtron

Reaction score
Just a build I’m following. Blowoff and Intercooler piping is the next part of the build for them. After reaching out to the shop doing the install and fab, the pipes are run at near equally lengths to maximize flow efficiency so they can get everything out of it. So to an extent, depending on what you’re trying to get at the end of the build, it doesn’t matter.

Camtron

Reaction score
Update: waste gates are in place and a little teaser of how they’re thinking of starting the cold side.
After reaching out to them about the build, another reason for the elaborate piping is to make the system easier to remove/service and keeping everything in the free/available space at the front of the engine compartment will allow them the spaces to still run most OEM accessories without clearance issues.

DFFC7F61-EB94-4637-877C-92452FA392D0.jpeg

421052EA-BFAA-453C-88CF-8C77C699353E.jpeg

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Hum, exhaust pop-off valves. Most of the ones I’ve seen are on the intake side.

Might want to look at the distance between the inner fender paint and the pop-off valves. Very hot exhaust under a lot of pressure can burn things quickly.

Note: I do like the workmanship I see. Someone has excellent metalworking expertise.
BudW

Camtron

Reaction score
The exhaust wastegate will work as a regulator to control/limit maximum boost before the turbo can even make it, just a little safer for turbo and engine at the end of the day. I imagine it will still get a blow off valve before the intake to take out pressure when the throttle is closed real quick.
The Fab work is top notch. Being done by, BK Fab in Missouri

Aspen500

Reaction score
I've seen what happens when the blow off valve fails and someone goes from WOT to closed throttle quickly (mainly on Audi's when I was dumb enough to work at an Audi dealer:rolleyes:),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,not good things. I suppose, the sudden pressure has to go somewhere and that seems to usually cause "slight" impeller damage.

Camtron

Reaction score
Lol yea, blow off valve and waste gate failure can cause some pretty spectacular damage.
Saw the father in-law; still won’t let me drive his 65 Mustang. Don’t know full specs/details but, I know it’s got a stroker kit on an early 90s 5.0, custom built 3 speed auto transmission, custom built driveshaft and rear diff (one of his neighbors builds race ready/custom corvettes and hooked him up), one re spray of paint in the 90s and otherwise is bone stock OEM parts down to the drum brakes...

25C4431B-61E9-4AD5-89EE-C1D4ADE6C8FB.jpeg

C4B95D04-3917-41AC-A63D-9195608C6A97.jpeg

7C355A14-B1C7-4E4A-BFA3-5C394555893F.jpeg

Camtron

Reaction score
How many of these cars were built? Like 50-60 thousand?

F273EE82-4E54-4AD2-AC59-CA3A9F662D2D.jpeg

8DD96D6D-30B4-4317-B822-9E05B5A114F2.jpeg

6D645344-7979-4F49-82A1-E2F4F4B9A406.jpeg

Back