Second Chance at a MOPAR the "BlackBird" build

Blackbirdsrt78

Reaction score
1. SHouldn't you be able to pull the spark plug out, turn over a compression test and get an idea of how much boost you can run from what you have?

2. Do you think the cam is stock like the barracuda was or slightly larger?

3. If it is close, I bet you hundred to one odds that you are good to go with aforementioned pressure increase {what id he say 8 pounds?}

4. Can't you measure the lift of the lifters with the valve cover off? Or

Do a head gasket replacement (he said SCE ), pull the head and clay the top of the piston to check clearance? I know people get real concerned when they go past .035 for quench on naturally aspirated engine builds...

The cam in my cuda was a moderate comp cam grind and had a rough idle. This slant I have is totally different. And yes to all the other stuff you said about supercharging and compression. Right now I am about to rebuild the front end and get an alignment.

greymouser7

Reaction score
e85 slant six turbo setup <-the custom header setup in this add has some awesome curves.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=305745

Respectfully request the Captain to cut & paste those pictures onto here.

As most of you are aware i decided to change my 62 valiant from a turbo slant six to a boosted stroker big block.
I've sold off all the small parts and have just the turbo setup left
1.stainless steel thick wall turbo header with 1/2 header flanges.
2.390 hp e85 blow-thru-carb with vent tube extension built and flow tested by Eric at horsepower invitations with his billet metering blocks and third circuit fuel delivery setup and annular boosters.
3.pte6262 duel ball bearing t4 .58ar exhaust housing this turbo has low hours and under 2000 miles on it. If you guys know anything about turbos this is the grand daddy of them all and retails for around $1700
4.2.5 inch inter-cooler piping and couplers and T bolt clamps
5.ebay 44mm waste-gate for the turbo header
I'm going to keep my blow off valve so one will need to be purchased
Also i have a O-ring cutter and im willing to loan it to whoever decided to buy this setup
All parts are located 49234

greymouser7

Reaction score
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=307172 FROM FABO: Landons65Dart

225 Slant six rods, Pistons, and forged crank
Have a couple sets of '70 rods and Pistons out of two 225's. All of the rods are good condition. The pistons on one set is good, where the other set is cracked on every piston out of my boosted slant. I'll take the best offer on these. I don't need them. The crank is very clean, almost no wear on the journals. It's the early small flange style, so for anyone that wants it for an early a body this is a winner. Pulled from a 1970 factory replacement engine from my '65 dart. Will take best offer on that as well. Don't need it because I'm going to the later bigger flange crank. $40 for all rods and Pistons and $100 for the crank? Obo of course.

Complete Performance Slant Six Engine & Transmission http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=307076

FROM FABO: mraley

Slant Six Guys- I have a deal for you. 225 Complete Engine with 904 Transmission with Custom Stall Convertor. Edelbrock 4 Barrel, Pacemaker Headers, Offenhauser Intake, Custom Build, Aluminum Radiator. It's all for sale as a complete unit. Can hear run and drive. Still in car. Removing for a V-8 Swap. PM me to discuss- Michael
$1000.00

Blackbirdsrt78

Reaction score
The Blackbird threw a u-joint yesterday. Made it home safe just had to go slow. I'm putting better quality ujoints on this time and new straps. Just waiting on next payday and I will be ordering the last parts I need to rebuild the front end. Gonna need a day off to do all that....still planning the supercharger install. Also an update I checked my PCV valve and it has no vacuum so that is why the crank case vapors condensate and make it look like I have water leaking into the crank case.

Blackbirdsrt78

Reaction score
Update...

Window louvers are finally on and I have everything for the front end rebuild accept inner tie-rod ends.
P1010893.jpg
P1010894.jpg
P1010895.jpg

P1010893.jpg

P1010894.jpg

P1010895.jpg

Volare4life

Reaction score
looking good bro !!!! Where/who did you get those window louvers from ??

Blackbirdsrt78

Reaction score
My friend John gave those to me. :) gonna post another pic today. The wheel flairs are getting repaired and put on next week....

Blackbirdsrt78

Reaction score
Changing jobs, no more dishwashing for me...Tires plus is paying 1.50 more per hour than what I make now. So for those of you who gave me references a while back expect a phone call about my new job. And I will be able to work on the Blackbird....lets see I will be able to afford day care for Sophia, move out of moms house and get some serious work done on the Blackbird. Happy happy happy!! Did I mention they are starting me full time and pay time and a half for over time....!!! woot!

Back