The FMJ Weather Channel

Justwondering

Reaction score
We had a weak cold front move through so it was abut 70 last night.
Means I drove down to the estate early this morning and spent 5 hours shredding half of the hay meadow. It is covered in carrot weed. Ugh.

But it was gool and I got a lot done.

Three more days of cooler mornings and then the heat comes back.

7T8 Custom

Reaction score
After a month without rain here, we are getting lots of it right now. Good thing too, the reservoirs were down to 93% and we were going to have to go to level 2 of lawn watering restrictions.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I heard on the local news last evening, our rainfall total since for May and so far in June is a whopping 2.3". It's just a TAD on the dry side. Guess we got our allotment of moisture over the winter with all that bleeping snow, along with the 30" that we got 3 weeks into spring back on April 13th.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
It's storming here now again, we have had so much rain this last few days..............

Aspen500

Reaction score
There have been a few times where the sky LOOKS like it could open up at any time but never does. I guess there have been some times where it actually is raining but it never reaches the ground, evaporates before it gets here. Oh well. Cuts down on the lawn mowing. Mowed it a week ago and I don't think it's grown 1/8" since.

Justwondering

Reaction score
101 F today.. 99 yesterday...
and of course, I had overheating problems in the Chrysler FA.
Replaced thermostat and upper radiator hose yesterday. Hadn't seen a thermostat fail as dramatically as this one did.

Took longer but it overheated again today.
Sure enough the waterpump has play in it and it was knocking in that area.

Picking up more parts tomorrow after a run to the airport.

Aspen500

Reaction score
After only getting less than 1/2" of rain so far this month, it made up for it this morning. Rained like the eye wall of a hurricane along with lightning, thunder and,,,,,,,,,,,,hail. Saw as large as marble sized. Checked the Mustang after it was done and, no dents(!). We got a tad over 3" of rain in an hours time. Now toget ready for this weekend. High's in the 90's and very muggy they say. Since the only A/C I have is in the garage, I do believe that would be a good place to spend some quality time, lol.

Aspen500

Reaction score
We're having one of those rare perfect weather days today. Right now it's mostly sunny, 81 degrees, 26% humidity with a breeze of about 2 or 3 mph. Couldn't ask for any nicer. No rain since the 15th and not really any in the forecast. MAYBE a slight chance tomorrow but everytime they say that, there turns out not be a cloud in the sky so..........................

Aspen500

Reaction score
Justwondering,,,,,,you're weather made it's way all the way up to north central Wisconsin. Yesterday the high was 97. Combine that with a dew point in the low 70's and it was just plain hot. At least there was a 10-20 mph breeze but it was a hot breeze. Got one more of the same today (at 5:00 am it was 76 and 100% humidity), before it goes back to "normal" on Sunday with much lower humidity and temps in the 80's.
Now I know what you're talking about when you say it's too hot to do anything. I am NOT complaining though. When I think it's way too hot and humid, all I need to do is think back 2 1/2 months to mid April when it was 25 degrees with a fresh 30" of snow on the ground. :confused:

Aspen500

Reaction score
It doesn't rain much, or at all, for 2 months and now it's trying to make up for it I think. Nasty storms last night and then again this morning, almost 3" of rain. Just after noon it was 88 degrees and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,82% humidity. Just a tad uncomfortable. Now were waiting for the fecal matter to hit the fan again. They figure around 8pm. High winds up to 70 mph, lots of lightning, hail, very heavy rain, flash floods and even tornadoes all possible. Then, tomorrow morning we do it all over again. Oh yippee.
This was an hour ago and it's only 7pm but it looks more like 9pm outside already. I'm in the Wausau area btw.
aug 27 2018 radar1.jpg

Oldiron440

Reaction score
We must be close enough to be on the same weather map, all that just missed us tonight .

Aspen500

Reaction score
I heard you guys "down south" got it bad. Funny thing happened. The storm got closer and closer and then,,,,,,,,,,,,it must have fizzled out or split and went around. Ended up getting only some lightning and rain. No hail, no wind, not even heavy rain. Works for me, lol!
Had another day close to 80, both temp AND humidity. Then the rains came again and it cooled off. Tomorrow,,,,,,,,,,,,,only mid 60's vs 90 two days ago. Up and down, up and down. No wonder a person feels like crap all the time. Let's hope for nice weather this 3+ day weekend! I've got work to do (here at home) and rain would screw it all up.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
It was crazy everywhere but rite here with the exception of the lightning, it was shooting back and forth , east to west and west to east on a continual zip, like I said it was crazy.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I've seen it happen many times. I'll see the black clouds coming from the west, getting closer and closer and then all of a sudden they'll split and go a few miles north and south, then join back together on the other side of the lake. Massive storms on the north side, south side and then the whole east side and here,,,,,,,,the sun never stopped shining. Very strange. Only thing I can figure s the topography affects it somehow.
I work in Mosinee on the FAR south side and there will be times when it storms bad all day. I'll leave work in a deluge with 50 mph winds, thunder that sounds like boulders dropping on the roof of the car, etc and then get maybe 10 miles north on the way home and you'll come to a line in the sky and you drive out of it and a few hundred feet later the highway is bone dry. It stops just like that. Get home and find it was totally clear and sunny all day. Then hear on TV the north side got hammered with trees down, flooding, power outages........

Aspen500

Reaction score
Last week we had one of those rare times when it was PERFECT, at least Sunday through Thursday. Mid '70's, very low humidity (dew points in the 40's), clear with a very slight breeze every day. Kind of nipply in the mornings with low 40's though. Friday (like today) was OK but the humidity shot WAY up (dew point above 70)and temps in the low '80's but I won't complain for this time of year. :cool:

Aspen500

Reaction score
Freeze confirmed warning. It's before sunrise yet and only 30 degrees:( It's WAY too early for this sh*t. I hope, hope, hope it warms up again for a little while. Nothing like raking leaves bundled up like you're on an arctic expedition.:confused:

Back