The FMJ Weather Channel

volare 77

Reaction score
My area has been so rainy this year that we are on course for a record making year for the rainiest year in history. Maybe one or two summer weekends without rain all year.

Aspen500

Reaction score
The worst part is, we went from warm to cold literally overnight, with no transition period. When you've had 70's and then all of a sudden one day it's only 50, and the next thing you know it's below freezing at night,,,,,,,,,,,,,there's no time to acclimate. Makes it seem colder than it really is.
Funny how this time of year 50 feels cold but if we hit 50 in January, you're outside in a t-shirt and it feels warm (in the sun anyways).

Aspen500

Reaction score
Thanks I needed to be reminded that I'm old....

Sorry, but you know the older you get, the easier it is to forget things:D
Here's the kind of crap we get this time of year. Stupid rollercoaster weather:( Up and down, up and down.

forecast_7day_640.jpg

Aspen500

Reaction score
Same here. Snowed all bleeping day yesterday. Total that fell was 1.5" but the majority melted when it hit the ground. Feels like December today, 36 degrees, north wind...……………………….Average high for today is 57 and that would be nice.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Basically, we had the worst dry spell/growing season this year in 109 years. Rained in April over 12 inches. Didn't rain again until August... then it rained 8 inches. Nothing in between. Cotten never got over knee high. Corn was only about 30 inches tall and went immediately for silage since it was mainly stalk and no corn.

Now its October and we are on our third day of 40 degree weather. We went from 106 to 98 and then three days in the 70's and now its 30 degrees below normal in the 40s...with Rain.

We are officially more than 10 inches above normal for the year and October is the wettest on record since they started keeping records and we have another 2 weeks to go.

Sigh.

From a statistics standpoint, it was an outstanding year (if you look at the summary). But if you lived the details you would know it was awful.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Ain't been bad the past couple days, has it? We've had very little wind, clear skies (until this afternoon), temps in the low 50's which is pretty much "normal" for this time of year. I mean, I'd prefer 70's and 80's but that's not going to happen in late October, in this part of the country (180 miles due east of Minneapolis).

Aspen500

Reaction score
Only in the low 40's today but, the sun was shining bright and, most importantly, the wind speed was zero. It actually didn't feel to darn bad out there in the yard, trying to make a dent in the leaves. I'm going to have leaf nightmare's tonight, lol.

Back