The FMJ Weather Channel

Aspen500

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your rain Oldiron:eek: At 6:30am it's a balmy 34 with sleet/freezing rain. I see there's a winter weather advisory for here for sleet, snow and what they call "blustery conditions". It would appear no additional yard work will happen today. Guess I'll have to spend the day in the garage instead, damn!:D

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Rain every day for weeks on end.
Last nice day was Oct 25.

Between Thursday night and last night, the leaves just took a dump.
No nice autumn pics this yr.

Aspen500

Reaction score
With the sleet, rain, snow and wind, all my yard work from yesterday seems to have been a waste of time. Doesn't look like a did a darn thing now.:mad:

Whine, complain, grumble,,,,,,,,,,,,,,just beautiful out, NOT. Rain/snow and windy at 37 degrees is just plain awful. I suppose, what do I expect in November, right?:D

Oldiron440

Reaction score
Just got rain and cold here. 41 degrees but the feels like temp is 34. Like I needed to know that.

7T8 Custom

Reaction score
5 inches of rain between Thursday morning and Saturday night. Was actually quite nice most of today. Got most of the leaves cleaned up in the back yard before it got dark and started raining again.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
Everyone one complains about the weather but doesn't do a ******* thing about it.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
As much as I hate winter and endless rain, I don't get hurricanes, earthquakes, big a$$ hail, floods, mud slides, and all that other mean stuff.

No giant tornados, and if a small one comes, it peters out downtown and is nothing wents it gets to me.

Just the polar bears keep you on your toes.

Last edited:

Aspen500

Reaction score
Same here Dr. Absolutely HATE winter but none of that stuff you mentioned happens in this part of the country (180 miles due east of Minneapolis) either. Even a severe t-storm is pretty rare around here and,,,,,,,,,no poisonous bugs or animals. I've made it through north central Wisconsin winters since we moved here in 1976 when I was 12 years old so, I'll survive them for years to come.:cool: Where a person chooses to live is all a compromise. Trading cold winters for warm just trades one crappy thing for another.

Now I'm going to complain and do nothing about it;) Rain all day today and it got all the way to 38 degrees. Not a nice day to be outdoors. Not nice at all.

Last edited:

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I tried to not go out today but I did not accomplish that. Took the boy to school, took my Expedition for front brake work, had to run to town for some business, back to school and back to town tonight. Retirement is a ×××××.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Couple inches of snow/ice last night, white knuckle drive at 35-40 mph to work this morning and it's 17 degrees out now with another couple inches snow possible tonight. Dakota was clean at 6am this morning. Now, not so much. Not bad for January 9th. Oh that's right, it's November 9th, sigh...............................

DSC00157.JPG
DSC00156.JPG

Aspen500

Reaction score
Yeah, a TAD on the nippley side:eek:. As they promised, 2 more inches of that white crap last night and it's a downright balmy 11 degrees. I am unimpressed.:( My hope is, since winter weather seems to have started a couple months early, that spring will also come a couple months early. That's what I'm going to keep telling myself to get through the next few months.:D

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I drove truck for a few years, there are salt mines all over the U.S..

Aspen500

Reaction score
With the amount of salt they spread here in Wisconsin, you'd think there was a gigantic salt mine in the state, but there isn't. Salt, salt, salt, brine, brine, brine (that crap is 10 times worse than rock salt). I can understand salt on ice but they spread the stuff by the ton when we get an inch of snow. Here's an idea,,,,,,,PUT THE FREAKING PLOW DOWN!!!!!! It's all to "keep the roads safe". How safe is it when a 5 year old vehicle crashes when the brake pedal goes to the floor because the lines are rotted out, or an 8 year old car goes off the road when the lower control arm rusts in half or just plain disconnects from the subframe due to rust? Sorry, kind of got off on a rant there.:eek:

We didn't have any of the tropical Iowa heat wave today, barely got to 25.:(:(:(
Wouldn't bother me so much except for the fact that the normal high is 20 degrees above that.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I picked up a load of salt in Arora, twenty five miles north of Salt Lake City , I drove out on this very large peninsula on the salt lake. There was so much salt in the air that my eyes were in pain and brite red within an hour. If I remember correctly I hauled it to East Saint Louis. I haven't been back to Salt Lake since.

Back