The FMJ Weather Channel

Oldiron440

Reaction score
FB_IMG_1549155804333.jpeg.jpg

Aspen500

Reaction score
LMAO.jpg

Add the 5" we got last night to the 54" we got in the month of February, which fell on top of the snow from the previous months and, well, do the math. Standing in my driveway, the snow in the front yard is chest high. No idea what it looks like out in the BACK, back yard behind the garage, shed and fence. No way to get there to look! I imagine it's about the same deal. Maybe if I had snowshoes........................
Yep, DIE WINTER DIE!

Aspen500

Reaction score
On the plus side, I think we are FINALLY breaking out of this frigid cold stuff. Was -11 this morning and barely made it to double digits above zero but by the weekend it supposed to be in the low to mid 30's which is so called "normal". On the minus side, 5-8" of wet snow forecast for Saturday night. Really????????? Besides adding even more weight to roofs (there's been a number of collapses the past couple weeks), where are we supposed to put it all? :eek:

7T8 Custom

Reaction score
After a week and a half of above freezing temperatures during the day and below freezing temperatures at night most of the snow here has melted except where it is in shade all the time. The bad news is that I`m looking out the window right now and watching it snow. Weather man says we should get a between a dusting and a few centimeters. I think this is weather man speak for "We have no idea how much we are going to get".

Aspen500

Reaction score
Now they say we're going to get rain, freezing rain, sleet and then 3-5" of snow Saturday night. Feels like deja-vu from a couple weeks ago. Only difference is this time, it's going to stay in the mid to upper 30's for highs for at least the next few days instead of rain on the snow, freezing rain and 8" of snow on top of the slush and then,,,,,,,,,,temps drop to single digit highs, which freezes all that crap solid. I seem to remember I have a concrete driveway but haven't seen it for weeks. It's covered in at least 1" of ice yet that refuses to melt. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...................................

Justwondering

Reaction score
Was a high of 21 degrees on Monday and down in the single digits at night.
Today (Thursday) had to use the a/c in the suburban cause it was hot -- over 75.

Just an amazing world we have.
JW

Aspen500

Reaction score
Up here also with the temp swing. Wednesday barely got to 10, today it was 37 with sunshine and no wind. It felt so awesome! Calm before the storm.............Really not looking forward to the snow tomorrow and don't know of a single person who is. We're snowed out.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I love when the forecast is wrong, in the right direction!:) Ended up with only about 2" of snow. That's 2" too much, but not as bad as the 6" they said we could have gotten.

Aspen500

Reaction score
It's slowly getting there, although seems to be taking it's own sweet time about it. Still lots of snow and ice to melt yet but,,,,,,,,,,,,this is way better than a couple weeks ago:)
forecast_7day_640.jpg

old yellow 78

Reaction score
It hasn't been a terrible winter here in the southeast PA area. A few big snows, and some nasty ice and freezing rain, but the real problem was poor planning and response of PennDot road crew. It seems that they like to wait until the roads are clear before they want to venture out and do anything like plow. Now the roads are filled with potholes and patches covering years of other patches on patches. PITA. So, it's sunny today but cold and windy out. I'm actively avoiding doing my taxes by posting on here. :rolleyes: OK, gotta go do this...

Aspen500

Reaction score
I've been trying to spend as much time doing things outdoors as possible today but, you can only do so much when there's a foot of snow on the ground and it's warmish (sunny and high 40's) but not warm enough to do a lot of things. Still, after so many months of being cooped up, it does feel nice to be out and not have 37 layers of clothes on while walking behind a snowblower! Another 30 or 40 degrees and it would be perfect:cool:

old yellow 78

Reaction score
I'm actively avoiding doing my taxes by posting on here. :rolleyes: OK, gotta go do this...
OK! TAXES DONE! :eek: Every year doing the taxes makes me realize just how disorganized I am and I always make plans to clean up my act for next year. It was a nice day, and I missed most of it doing paperwork. But, it was still pretty cold out. Good weather is coming!:) It's almost Aspen time!

Aspen500

Reaction score
Man, I wish it would just hurry up and warm up already! It finally made it's way to the high 30's today but for most of the day it was just flippin' cold, what with that nice refreshing breeze straight out of the north and all.:mad:

Oldiron440

Reaction score
It's hard to forget just how much snow we had last month, we have large piles still from the edge of the road and parking lots even with all the rain and warmer weather.

Back