The FMJ Weather Channel

Aspen500

Reaction score
I think it started in October here and yes, it just doesn't seem to want to let go. I was sick of winter when we got almost 5 feet of snow in February (actually I was sick of winter before Thanksgiving) . That was the straw that broke both the camel's back, and mine...................
However, it's supposed to be clear and hit the upper 50's tomorrow, for one day. Just in time for the weekend, MAYBE 40 for a high both days.:(

Oldiron440

Reaction score
Well with the exception of one small spot of ice leftover from snow pushed from the street, about 6x18" the yard is snow free!
So I would like to know were all the sticks and branches came from? They are everywhere and some are big, bonfire in the backyard...:)

Aspen500

Reaction score
I've still got quite a bit of snow in areas but,,,,,,,,,the yard looks like crap. Last fall it was always cold and rainy on weekends so not much leaf clean up could be done. Then, with 75% of the leaves still on the trees, it snowed, followed by strong winds which added another crap load of leaves on top of the snow, and therest came down during the following few weeks. I don't feel too bad because everyone's yards look like hell.

On the brighter side of spring, my lilac bush out back has buds. :cool:

Oldiron440

Reaction score
Lilacs and it will not be long and tulips will be pushing there way up!

old yellow 78

Reaction score
My snowdrops are coming up all over, and some of the crocuses too. Daffodils are emerging also, but nothing from the lilacs yet. It is starting to feel like early Spring now! I'm acutely aware of the recent sounds of birds chirping and singing again! I love this time of year!!:)

Aspen500

Reaction score
Isn't this the way it always goes? Rain on the weekend and then Monday, sunny, dry and warm. By the following weekend, cold again. Figures..............:(:mad::confused:o_O:(
april 06 2019.jpg

Aspen500

Reaction score
Guess we had our spring today. Sunny until 3pm when there was a t-storm and a high of 67. Tomorrow it's fall again and Wednesday, winter.

I'm just about where the "L" in "POSSIBLE" is. I've got nothing else to say that I can post here without getting in trouble. I'm sure you can guess what I'm thinking though.

aspril 08 snow crap.PNG

Oldiron440

Reaction score
Hey it's the upper midwest and it's not June yet.! I've seen it snow in June that's when a guy has something to cry about.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I've seen snow in the middle of August here (only once, thankfully). Mowing the lawn with a winter coat, hat and gloves because it was 35 degrees out DURING THE DAY and it started snowing. Now THAT sucked in so many ways!

Oldiron440

Reaction score
In 84 my wife and I took our son camping at Itasca State Park in Minnesota the week after labor day 24 degrees and froze our butts off. We ended up buy our winter coats for the year that week I've still got the red plaid hat I bought at moose lake, think Elmer Fud.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Were you hunting wabbits? lol
That snow in August was like 15 years ago. It was the year without a summer. If I remember right, there was only a couple days where it got above 70. Mostly highs were in the 50's and 60's. The furnace never got the switch turned off the entire year. Something so wrong about the furnace running, in July, in the middle of the day, and having frost in the mornings. I hope something like that never happens again, ever.:eek:

Aspen500

Reaction score
The snow has begun:( Could be worse I guess, much worse. It was exactly one year ago tomorrow that over the period of 2 days, we got 31" of that white sh*t. I hate spring, lol.

old yellow 78

Reaction score
The snow has begun:(
Ugh, must be so depressing. It has been fairly nice here for the past many days, with temps in the 50's -60's and mostly sun with clouds. I used to like winter and even the snow, but as I have gotten older, I don't like it anymore. It's too much shoveling, and I don't like driving in it. I HATE ice, except in my drink. I fell on black ice twice a few years ago, and that really changed how I feel about winter. Hope this is the last snow of the season for you this year! ;)

Oldiron440

Reaction score
The snow has begun:( Could be worse I guess, much worse. It was exactly one year ago tomorrow that over the period of 2 days, we got 31" of that white sh*t. I hate spring, lol.
I'm sure glad its you and not me not that I would like you to get it either. If got a friend in Mankato Minnesota, she said there talking 6 inches for tonight. She works for the school's and thinking snow day!

Aspen500

Reaction score
It's nasty out there this morning. Looks to be about 8" but the wind is causing big drifts and white outs. Every school in the area is closed as far as I know. I'm waiting a couple hours before trying to get to work to give the plows a chance to do their thing first. Was going to take the Interstate down but, I looked out the kitchen window and saw that south bound is a dead stop so,,,,,,,,,,,,,screw that noise. Not a chance in hell I'm going to attempt the way I usually take on surface streets and HWY KK this morning.:eek:
It isn't so much the snow, it's the fact that most of the salt had gotten washed away by rain and they even had a lot of the street/road cleaning done to remove the sand and rocks and now,,,,,,,we'll have to start all over from scratch.:(

Aspen500

Reaction score
Sounds like a day off to me!!
I thought about it but, we have customers counting on us so,,,,,,,,,,,made it to work around 10am.
Sleet right now. The kind that stings when it hits your face, ouch. Thunder and lightning earlier. WTF???????????

Back