The FMJ Weather Channel

Justwondering

Reaction score
IMG_0937.jpg

Bluebonnets (State Flower of Texas)

IMG_0885.jpg

Dogwoods are blooming.

IMG_0918.jpg

This guy was on the veranda... didn't make it but has a beautiful coloration.

IMG_0929.jpg

Had to start watering the flower garden... doubling the size of it this year and
we are 5 inches below normal on rain for the year.

I'm thinking it is coming down up north on you guys and disguised as snow.

JW

Aspen500

Reaction score
What Oldiron said goes for me as well!
Just what kind of butterfly (or moth?) is that? That thing is huge:eek:
That looks SO much nicer than this:
DSC00261.JPG
DSC00262.JPG

Justwondering

Reaction score
You have got to be kidding...
It was 91 here on Wednesday.
Today we had a 'dry cold front' come through and topped out at 72.

Somebody has your seasons mixed up I think. You should remind them you are in the Northern Hemisphere not in the Antarctic.

JW

(Moth, not sure what type it is but it only flys at night)

Aspen500

Reaction score
We had a smidge under 80 degrees on Sunday and then only low 50's and rain yesterday, today low 60's but I'm not holding my breath that spring is truly here yet. I've been listening at night and,,,,,,,,,,,,the frogs haven't made a peep yet, which worries me. Until they do, we could get another snow storm or it'll get really cold again. Once they start croaking away at night, then we're home free! The frogs have NEVER been wrong, ever. How the heck do they know? The wonder's of nature I guess.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
Had the boy fishing this last weekend he said the water was COLD! Lol
Maybe that has something to do with the frogs crooking.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Even if the water is COLD, they come out if spring is truly here to stay, meaning it's not going to get really cold again and it's not going to snow again. When I hear them going at night, the happy dance will commence, but not before!
Only downside is, a few weeks after they come out, we have to survive the baby frog invasion which lasts about 2 weeks. Millions of those tiny things everywhere, and I don't think a million is an exaggeration, it might be an underestimation. It's almost like something you'd see in a horror movie.

Justwondering

Reaction score
When the mesquite trees bloom, you know it won't freeze again.
Cause when the mesquite trees bloom -- so do the bluebonnets.

mesquite bluebonnets.jpg

Which is quickly followed by smoked brisket on the weekend.
Ahhhh
I love seeing those trees bloom.

JW

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I thought I heard on the Rochester station that theirs snow in the forecast.....

Aspen500

Reaction score
Cold again today, only 42 degrees with a wicked 20-30 mph NW wind. Tomorrow,,,,,,,,,,,a whopping high of 36 with possible snow but it's supposed to stay south of here mostly, HOPE. Less than a week ago it was 79 degrees, sunny and no wind,,,,,,,sigh.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Is it ever going to warm the blank up? I mean, seriously. Got up to a cold, rainy, dark, overcast, damp and just generally miserable 38 today. Seeing as the average LOW is 39, WTF?????????
Right now at 7pm, it's a whole 36 and raining with some sporadic snow flakes mixed in. Tomorrow, rain (gee, what a surprise) but a regular heat wave. All the way to 42 they claim. Oh boy.......Grumble, frown, sigh, whine, complain..................:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::(:(:(:(:(:(

JW, that picture with the mesquite trees is awesome! :)

Aspen500

Reaction score
...........and the beat goes on. Pouring rain most of the day (2" coming they say), NW wind 10-20 mph and it's a sweat inducing 38 degrees. Simply beautiful, NOT.:mad:
Sunday I was in the yard wearing shorts and a t-shirt and now this crap. Sigh.............

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Spring burst on the scene in the past few weeks. First the little white snowdrops, then the daffodils, followed closely by the crocuses and violets on the lawn. The redbud and cherry trees have bloomed and now in the past 2-3 days, their leaves are coming out. The dogwoods are out and everything is leafing out on all the other trees. The lawn has gone nuclear and I'm just trying to keep it from turning into a field. I was hoping to be able to garden more this year, but again, SO much else to be done! OY is just patiently sitting in the garage waiting for attention that might be some time in coming yet.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
...........and the beat goes on. Pouring rain most of the day (2" coming they say), NW wind 10-20 mph and it's a sweat inducing 38 degrees. Simply beautiful, NOT.:mad:
Sunday I was in the yard wearing shorts and a t-shirt and now this crap. Sigh.............
There talking snow for Duluth so it could be worse. :)

Aspen500

Reaction score
Remember the "April showers bring May flowers" thing? Well, that's crap. It's obvious it should be "April snows bring May showers". Seems like it rains almost everyday. Not necessarily ALL day but at some point during the day. Forecast has a chance of showers 6 out of the next 7 days. :( :( :( Wouldn't be AS bad if it was actually warm but,,,,,,,,,,,it isn't. There was frost outside of the city Thursday morning. WTF? OK, I guess last weekend was pretty darn decent, unlike this weekend is so far. Suppose it could be worse. The scene on April 11th, exactly 4 weeks ago today :eek:
DSC00261.JPG
DSC00262.JPG

Last edited:
Back