The FMJ Weather Channel

Monkeyed

Reaction score
Just got back today from inspecting the floodage for myself.
Never seen anything like this in the eleven years I've been there.
Normally there's a good stretch of land from my deck to the lake.
Yesterday we pulled the paddleboat up to almost my steps and launched from there.

View attachment 5606

that's easy access to the water! you can fish right off your deck! reminds me one year we had some beavers build a dam in upstream of the creek that fed our lake, got about an extra 15 feet of beach that year, before anyone figured it out!

Monkeyed

Reaction score
Hope everyone had a nice Easter. Hit the low 70's here. Nothing but blue skies, getting my Dad's riding mower ready to cut for yet another season, grazing heavily on ham, & all the fixin's. Celebrated my son's 30 th birthday as well. Now I really feel old! Oh well, I'm already in that last age group of 55 & up. Maybe today I can get some of my own work done, after I take the wife up for a biopsy (Yikes!). Those of you so inclined, please offer up a prayer for her. Thanks, Larry

praying for you both. if it was my wife, I'd almost be happy if they found something. nothing serious, mind you, just enough for her to be out of the house for a couple of days. lol

NoCar340

Reaction score
I sincerely hope all is well with Mrs. Imp.

In regards to the weather, looking at mid-60s and some long-awaited thunderstorms here today... I love a good thunderstorm! We're not having the water issues the good Captain is having, thank God, but we're on pretty high ground.

My imp

Reaction score
Thanks one & all. Rooted out my shorts from the attic. Time to blind the neighbors for a while with these flat land Yankee legs of mine! They threatened us with a snow/mix on the 8 day foreskin, er a forecast! Enough already! Calgon, take me away!

NoCar340

Reaction score
Oh, yeah... it IS time to blind the ladies with my pasty-white well-fed body, isn't it? :eusa_dance:

My imp

Reaction score
40 yesterday, & 60 today. Yo-yo effect. Not quite parka weather, but not shorts & tank tops either!

My imp

Reaction score
Better than"We're sorry, but you have cancer". If all stays status quo, that's great. If not, then it could be cancerous. We won't know that until its removed.

Monkeyed

Reaction score
40 yesterday, & 60 today. Yo-yo effect. Not quite parka weather, but not shorts & tank tops either!

50s and windy all day today. kinda nice when the suns out, a bit chilly when it's not.

NoCar340

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking, but hey... it's springtime in the Upper Peninsula. People that don't expect it haven't lived here long or have short memories. Google "May 10 1990 blizzard" sometime, no location needed. You'll see how badly the southern half of WI got pounded. It was about twice as bad here that day.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking, but hey... it's springtime in the Upper Peninsula. People that don't expect it haven't lived here long or have short memories. Google "May 10 1990 blizzard" sometime, no location needed. You'll see how badly the southern half of WI got pounded. It was about twice as bad here that day.

Note to self.......don't move there.....

Mid 40's and off and on rain today.
Still waiting for a nice weekend to go cruising in the Caravelle and the Volare....

Monkeyed

Reaction score
50s and windy af today, almost 70 tomorrow, then back down to a high of 40 something by thursday. gotta love April! lol

Back