this is what i'm busy with

9secRR

Reaction score
I was #3 qualifier in super pro. Not bad since I only have a few passes with the delay box.

IMG_4644.jpeg

Last edited:

9secRR

Reaction score
It was a great weekend. Car performed better than I could have asked for. I lost out 1st round Sunday cause I didn’t know about crosstalk. This delay box/crosstalk is all new to me.

My delay box does not have crosstalk so I should have put a N on my windshield to tell the tower I don’t have crosstalk. Well I didn’t know that till after the pass.

I learned lots this weekend, from top bulb racing to crosstalk. Lesson learned for next time.

IMG_4644.jpeg

9secRR

Reaction score
I’ve never been a delay box racer what’s cross talk?
Crosstalk allows the faster car to react to the top bulb at the same time as their opponent. When activated the slower cars tree falls as fast as normal and the faster car to bulb stalls for the length of time which is the difference between the 2 ET’s then continues to fall to the green. It basically removes the anticipation of sitting waiting for the top bulb with the faster car.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
7400 isn’t so bad for a small block, I’ve run my big blocks to 7200 7300 rpm but I have camed them down so now they peak around 6200 or so.

9secRR

Reaction score
Next adventure for the little blue car is at the end of august in Billings, Montana . I’ll be travelling across the border for the first time with my car. I can hardly wait.

IMG_9794.png

9secRR

Reaction score
11 more very long days till race weekend in Billings, Montana. Car is ready to go.

I installed an air shifter and C02 bottle. Along with the air shifter stuff I had to put in a RPM activated switch to control the shift points.

IMG_9833.jpeg

Last edited:

9secRR

Reaction score
Billings, Montana was great. We took off at 2am Wednesday morning. Made it there early afternoon and set up camp.

Thursday I made 2out of 3 test passes and then had car troubles. Car died on the return road. Ended up having a blown fuse. Weird but everything worked so I made another pass. Same thing on the return road car dies, another blown fuse.

This time in the pits the car is dead. She don’t start. This is 2:30. Start investigating the problem. Must be a short or a ground problem. Didn’t think it was going to be that bad. 9:30 I call it a night. It’s dark and I’m not having any luck. I changed switches, relays, starter, and looked at the wires.…..still didn’t start.

Friday morning get there at 7:30. Has to be a bad wire. All the wiring was exposed, under the hood, trunk, and inside. After 1-1/2, I found the wire that was causing the problem. Underneath the dash tucked up hidden from view. So after a 2 minute fix the car started and all is good.

Made 1 test hit then it was elimination time. Ran a 9.94 on test hit so I dial in 9.96 as air hit 7200’. Cut a .012 light and air shifter didn’t work so I lost round 1 from hitting the rev limiter in first gear and ran 10.00. Done for the day. I said I’m done fixing so I’ll shift the car manually.

Saturday I got 2 test hits again. Car ran 9.88 at 136 mph, not bad considering it’s already 6200’ air.

Sunday was round 1 of eliminations.
I dial in 9.89. A .001 red light ends my weekend. Darn darn darn.

I was shocked I ran in the 9’s in that bad of air. I was hoping for 10.00’s but got rewarded with 9.88.

IMG_4754.jpeg

IMG_4760.jpeg

M_Body_Coupe

Reaction score
NICE!!!

Alright, so while the overall experience certainly wasn't what you were hoping to have, overall the dip into the 9s is darn impressive stuff.

Yeah...wiring...makes me cringe a bit because it can be so frustrating trying to find the problem.

Now that I have my coupe back on the road I'm trying to get my LM1 and LMA3 AuxBox talking to each other so I can log all the stuff the AuxBox is capable of doing. Yeah, sounds simple...but the 0-30 VAC gauge on the AuxBox is nowhere nearing showing me the reading that I'm applying to it with my trusty VAC pump...so where is that problem? The box sensor itself, or the pesky ground mismatch somewhere???? it's all about voltages and when you do not know the design specs it's a "needle in a haystack" type of a feeling.

So yeah, I feel your pain!

9secRR

Reaction score
Electrical gremlins are the worst. It was the wire going to the fuel pressure gauge on the cowl that I don’t even use since I run methanol. I kept the gauge there cause it looked old school.

This just made me make up my mind to rewire the entire car. Every wire will be new and wired properly.

Back