What Task Have You Done On Your F body That You Hated The Most

9secRR

Reaction score
worst task??? power brake booster !!!! a real PITA. moved seat way back. crawl under dash and blindly feel for the top 2 nuts, and then find that clip to remove to release the rod to the booster.. all while cramped under dash and smashed against the seat.. with a bad back !!

I agree 100%. I changed from power to manual years back. it was not fun from what I remember. when spring rolls around, I might go through the braking system. i'm adding 150 more horsepower so I better be able to stop.

ramenth

Reaction score
Just working on the damn things in general.

That goes for every car, not just our F/M/J's in specific. I don't know... maybe I'm jaded. I've always said that I don't care if it's a brand new Ferrari, if I have to put a wrench to it, then it's a piece of s***.

Brake lines pop out at me. I don't care if I have to splice in six inches or have to run all brand new pipe from one end to the other (which is the way to go... splices and unions suck), it seems to take all day.

Volare4life

Reaction score
front frame rail replacement..........the removal is easy compared to cleaning up the new(er '89 5th ave rails in this case) rails fixing the crappy "factory welds", boxing in the rear k-frame attaching anchor nut, adding patches to all the factory "jig/alignment" holes, grinding grinding grinding, get the black lung from grinding so much even with a respirator.....all in the name of progress lol

jasperjacko

Reaction score
My first mopar was a 69 coronet. I bought a set of cragars for it and then snapped off 5 lugs on the drivers side trying to remove the old wheels. Anyone care to guess why? lol

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Or tjeu were the reverse threaded wheel studs that Chrysler used for a while. Or, somebody used open ended lug nuts that exposed the wheel studs, and they rusted together.

Kostas

jasperjacko

Reaction score
left hand threads on the drivers side. My neighbor was watching the whole time and knew what I was doing wrong but was enjoying the show too much to stop me. Finally after the 5th one he educated me on the finer points of removing old mopar wheels.

volaredon

Reaction score
having to watch it sit while I was outta work and injured. yeah I did a driver front subframe replacement before I was hurt... I didn't think it was all that bad. It is just "tacked" in place right now as one of my measurements from the frame chart does not jive with what I have...
(another issue) I started drilling out spot welds to replace my driver rocker panel, the way it is sandwiched in there between the floor pan and front of rear quarter, I think I am gonna section the other side in instead of a total replacement; I got complete takeoffs that appear to have been removed with a Sawzall (cut beyond all the spot welds so I could have the complete rocker as Mopar installed them originally) from a rust free California car, that are going onto mine.
I was pulling my heater core regardless when I tore my car all apart as I took it down to a totally bare shell.
And my car having been built originally as a factory non A/C car I am debating whether to add A/C when I reassemble. I have everything on hand to go either way with my build.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
For me it's spark plugs and starter but it is my own doing, 440 2" headers.

Ed Dorey

Reaction score
Currently filling in all the rusted out holes in the frame on my 78 Aspen R/T. It's getting frustrating.

Back