Driving Requires Attention

Aspen500

Reaction score
Suppose I can sort of see how it could happen (the Yaris). Dark, foggy, probably unfamiliar with the area.

If you get in a car a few years old with factory navigation that's never been updated, around here on certain routes it would have you drive right into a lake because the bridge that was there when the software was released, isn't anymore. It's in a different spot. A lot of roads like that too. A 10 year old map will show roads that don't exist and not show the new roads that replaced them, just in a different location. Get a kick out of driving on the new bridge and the old NAV shows the car in the middle of a lake or river, lol.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score

There has been many deaths with people following GPS instructions and a lot of time, yes it got you there, but there was a MUCH better route that could be taken.
Why bail off a highway to take the gravel road next to it?

Give me a folding map, if I need one.
Here it's tough to get lost.
Somewhere a sign pops out.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
I gave up my motorcycle with the road morons out there.
Too old to get that hurt and know guys who got hurt.

I took a chauffeur course in 'West Germany' in the late 70's which taught me well in a car.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
I can't believe with the penalties, people still drink and drive.
Sure, the more you drink, the stupider you get.
2/3 drinks-maybe I won't drive.
15 drinks-I'm Mario Farkin Andretti.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Driving drunk is not only dangerous, it's totally irresponsible. There's way less than there was years ago but still, idiots go out drinking and drive home. Sometimes they never make it home and if they're lucky it's because they got arrested. If they're not as lucky they might end up on the coroners table along with the innocent ones they took with them. I have no tolerance for drunk drivers at all. In my life I've had a cousin killed when she was 12 by a drunk driver, 4 friends in high school t-boned by a loser drunk and all 4 died while the low life spent a couple days in the hospital before he went to the jail. My brother got rear ended by a drunk that did a hit and run (caught soon after when the useless drunk wrapped his car around a tree). My brothers car was totaled but fortunately he was not injured. Also remember at least 5 or 6 more kids that were killed by drunks in my high school between '78 and '82. If you drink, DON'T F****** DRIVE, PERIOD.
Rant done now.

Darth-Car

Reaction score
The meds have kept me from this habit for many years. My worst vice is to much Mountain Dew.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I never really drank that much to begin with and haven't drank any alcoholic beverage since about 1984. The one time I did drink a lot (and we called ahead for a ride home) I was so sick the next morning I said never again, and I didn't.
My vice is Diet Dr. Pepper. I think I'm addicted to the darn stuff.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
It's not even really about drunk drivers, but all about the idiots.

I come from a time when bars had parking lots for a reason, everyone stopped for a drink after work and I learned to drive a car with a beer between the legs.

I'm still alive and never crashed a car.

I would have never bought car insurance it wasn't a jewish government money bilking law.
Could have saved 35 plus yrs of forced theft.
Why not asteroid insurance?

volareandgtcat

Reaction score
Power's out

LhQo5wu.jpg

Aspen500

Reaction score
How on earth did they manage that one? Doesn't even look like much damage to the building.

Now for the big question. How are they going to get the car out of there?

Back