Driving Requires Attention

Aspen500

Reaction score
Here's a claimed "hit the wrong pedal" one. Happened a couple years ago over at the University on the west side.
crash1.jpg

Aspen500

Reaction score
.........and the result of one impatient driver speeding and weaving in and out of lanes during rush hour. Guess he lost control, bounced off a retaining wall and ended up on his roof in the middle of the freeway a couple miles north of my house. Idiot.....
crash 2.jpg

Aspen500

Reaction score
A couple winter ago on a 2 lane highway a few miles to the west. Only one at fault really was the weather but, unfortunately 3 people died.

TRIPLE+FATAL+CRASH+1.jpg
TRIPLE+FATAL+CRASH+3.jpg
TRIPLE+FATAL+CRASH+6.jpg

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
The amount of "one vehicle accidents" is becoming ridiculous. How do you get into an accident without other cars being involved?

Ah......that's right....by being an absolute idiot

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
The amount of "one vehicle accidents" is becoming ridiculous. How do you get into an accident without other cars being involved?

Ah......that's right....by being an absolute idiot
I swear that one day I'll come across a wreck at some point, stop and get out, just to laugh at him.
'How's that being in a hurry working out for you?'
'Save much time?'
'Your car is wrecked and mine works fine-LOL'

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I swear that one day I'll come across a wreck at some point, stop and get out, just to laugh at him.
'How's that being in a hurry working out for you?'
'Save much time?'
'Your car is wrecked and mine works fine-LOL'

Yep. They save so much time.
Like five minutes over me. Till they wrap their piece of eurocrap around something.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Most of the time they don't save any time at all.

How many times I've seen cars ahead of me do dangerous passes time after time , so that at one point I'm behind them again.

Or they just get stuck in the left lane as I drive past them on the right.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Had a bit of a road rage around noon.
I'm in a 50k school zone, but my speedo says 55 while I have a V/W drafting my back bumper.

So bozzo has to do the pass in front of the school, over a solid yellow line and a through the crosswalk, so he could get to the red light before me.
But he's turning left, so I got a straight green anyways and he's 4 deep in the turning lane.

If dragging them out of the car and dropping them on their head was legal, it would have be done.

Aspen500

Reaction score
There's a woman who's trial just started here. She ran into a motorcycle and killed the rider last summer. The Police checked the phone records and there is no doubt she was texting at the time. Facing up to 25 years in prison and I hope she gets the max. If nothing else it MIGHT make some others think twice about texting and driving, or talking on the phone and driving. Studies have shown that just talking on the phone, even using a so called "hands free device" is worse than driving drunk. Whether people obey the law or not I don't know but in every city, village and town around here it's illegal to use your phone while driving. Fines for first offense start at $118 and go up from there. About freaking time. Worst invention of the 20th century, the cell phone (IMO anyways).
There, rant over.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Cell phone?
Texting?
Is that like a electric prostate warmer?
Don't have one, and why would you want one up your a$$ 24/7?
Exactly! Plus, I've got better things to do with $100, $200 or whatever it a month than to pay for "data". What don't understand is the people that stand in line to buy the latest I-Phone. Those things are what, $600 a piece? How can anyone with a job be able to camp in line for 3 days just to be first to get one and have the money to buy one?
All I can figure is, I'm doing something wrong in life! lol

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I have a sale foam. It's my computer. No I didn't line up like a moron. I've seen that when a new phone comes out. I don't care if I have the first one or the last.

I have a galaxy S6. Half the price of a crappy laptop and will hand most PC's their ass as far as speed and function goes. It IS my computer. It's what I use to do everything I do on here. Hell I can even make a call on it.

What I don't do is stare at it all day and I DO NOT even acknowledge that I have it while I'm driving. It's not the phone. It's the user. Mine is a tool. Not a companion.

Back