Heavy Metal Hell raiser

greymouser7

Reaction score
The contention between and the code enforcement grows more intense. I am working to resolve it, but with little money. I have spent $1300+ on the rear fence, dvorak does not have the engine assembled, have to insure $$$$$ all of the vehicles & then register (GA does back taxe$$$$) so I won't make the mortgage payment. I found someone I think I can trust to hold the excess cars till this blows over, but if I don't register them, if they are stolen, I have no recourse. the hell raiser either has to go into the garage, or some shop for the suspension

Volare4life, I am balls to the wall working to resolve this-which included pouring a driveway last weekend -the grille is still here

greymouser7

Reaction score
Got insurance on the Aspen today. No motor, trans, driveshaft, seats yet, but insurance. One more battle successful. The increase in obstacles is a bit of deterrent, but the threat of a secret tow-away, & $150 recovery from the code enforcement, is a different kind of motivation.

There is an Orange 14"X 36" sign pointing out that my property is in violation of code enforcement, with a $200 threat of fine for removing it...

Insurance for EVERYTHING is $75 more a month. Instead of $1200ish a year, am now past $2100 a year. Registration for all should be around $480 plus the cost of the fence-but not including towing stuff out yet. I might ask members to write character reference emails on my behalf to the code enforcement officer.

Volare4life

Reaction score
brother I'm down to help in anyway i can !!!! I got crap tons of spare parts, some SB stuff, if not i have 3 junk yards in a reasonable distance to me, you need fence help ? I'm down, pour a bit of concrete ? I'm down,

-Mike

greymouser7

Reaction score
Mike has been extremely helpful!! Prayers answered helpful. I have knocked, & called my backyard neighbors for almost two weeks trying to make sure that they did not have any problems where I put the fence between us-got a hold of them yesterday & again today.
We cleared out snakes, trees, rotting wood (?termites/woodants??) brush, vines, thorny weeds all growing on the neighbor's side of the fence. 72 feet worth of undergrowth and over 40 feet worth of rotted fence. The neighbor's posts were not too bad, which is good considering all the darn roots to dig thru for fence posts. I think we hauled away over 4-500 pounds worth rotten fence and undergrowth.
All of the 160 picket boards are stained a faded-barn-red on both sides. It was over 90 degrees outside-but it wasn't raining today as it has been (everyday-almost right after I got off of work for the past few weeks).

This weekend the fence will be up and all the cars (but the orange volare road runner donor-parts car) are registered, insured and license plate-updated. I bought tarps, bungee cords, and everything will be covered until I can move/store the three B-body Plymouths elsewhere for a while. I have to re-install a rear axle that Rich removed (cannot remember what part we got pulling it.) on one of the cars

It looks like I am going to be transferred to Bangor, Washington at the end of the year-not definite yet, so prayers are greatly appreciated. This pushes my slackness into overdrive getting EVERYTHING I own reduced and ready to move.

The code enforcement officer's name is Mark Wiseman and his boss's name is James George.

Their email address is Mwiseman@kingslandgeorgia.com and Jgeorge@kingslandgeorgia.com if anybody is interested on vouching for my behalf. I plan on getting a car dolly this week and pulling the cars out.

Volare4life

Reaction score
you shut your face hole with that washington talk, no way am I gonna let a cool F-body guy roll out a few months after meeting him !!!! Glad you got the rest of those damn boards done lol, a cold shower and nap did me some good, and we'll see what next friday/saturday has instore,

-Mike

Volare4life

Reaction score
BOOOOOO homey, whats the good word on you and where your going ??

-Mikey

greymouser7

Reaction score
no orders yet. CMSID said USS Alaska (here), detailer says USS Tennessee (here), but it's all talk until it's on paper.

Rich sold the Blackbird, I still have that extra B body hood that you want, we are working on the remaining B bodies that I have, Aspen is waiting on machine shop's motor

Volare4life

Reaction score
well atleast you will be local, ever get the issue with the brakes fixed on the aspen ? I might end up staying with a stock hood and fenders, and making molds for fiberglass copies, any chance you have a pair of fenders to go with that hood out back ?? Gonna try and get the big block running and driving this weekend, might need to make a nice long cruise drive your way if all goes well lol

greymouser7

Reaction score
Update: Sincere apologies for delays. I have had a couple of deaths in the family, work has gone ballistic, and off time has shifted to a couple of Road Runner cores that Blackbird & I have been working on. His 73' is complete, running, driving-now, it needs paint & one interior panel.

Aspen interior is complete more or less. It needs paint, motor, trans, driveshaft, bushings, & sway bars installed-this starts soon

We re-built up the sacrificial volare road runner's 360. I have to get a flywheel machined/balanced. I am still waiting on 70 year old Dan Dvorak to machine the 360 I wanted to install in the Aspen, a year later-not entirely his fault, money is slow.

this new direction 360 has 596 heads with only 1.78" intakes for now, with 273 adjustable rockers and Rhoads variable timing lifters, new timing chain, Chinese airgap intake, new edelbrock 1406 carb.

I just bought some J heads for $100 at Don Garlit's car show/museum, which will go onto this motor. I have new valves, springs that I can use.

Last edited:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Not mine per say, the wife lost two grandma's in a row real fast. Lots of driving, spending, crying, but not emotionally taxing on me except for worrying about my family on the road for thousands & thousands of miles. All is well for me Captain.

Glad to hear that Sir.

greymouser7

Reaction score
Work is very hectic still (people quitting, getting fired, theft, exuberant overtime, all the bad things possible) -anyways
Rich and I sanded the Aspen this past Saturday, & he helped me paint Epoxy primer (grey NASON brand from O'reillys) in two moderate coats (40 min in-between coats) on Sunday.

Richard went through the differential for me because it had some metal shavings in the gears. It spins without difficulty now. I helped him install the new & painted 5-leafsprings and poly-urethane bushings onto the car yesterday after duty (stay on base overnight). The temporary leaf-springs that were on the car will go onto his 1973 Satellite that he has recently finished (sold his black bird to buy the parts to build the Satellite)-which has turned out amazing-especially considering the state of the car when he started it. The bushing shackles are the ribbed kind, which are difficult to remove- I bought U-bolts that were too-long and a socket could not be used for the nut removal or installation onto the U-bolts-PITA.

I will be doing lots of wet sanding for the epoxy primer, & more sanding for each layer of paint that I put on the car. I am using the same type of Dupli-Color Lacquer that Billy used on his car. I am painting the top of the car gold as my base (after the primer {which is labeled as grey, but comes out white}) and the center side panel Dupli-color's Brilliant Silver and the lower sides (and possibly the hood grooves, and window frame/runner grooves) the dark silver that is labeled as a Candy base coat.

After that I plan on painting a clear coat (probably mixing a touch of red {fine pink mist}) and then a candy apple red coat, then mixed clear again, considering another coat of candy apple red but playing it as I see it-all the while sanding in-between each coat and changing my mind as I go along. The candy apple red does not look like it gets very dark-of course I will post pics.

FYI-Chinese sand-paper is not worth buying-it clogs up too easy. 3M, some sort of gatorbrand at Walmart & the military sand paper is much better. The year old Rustolium that was labeled as Marine-above-the-water-line worked very well to protect the car for a year, and as a filler primer ( I live in the hot south, in a swamp {mold/algae on stop signs}, on the coast-salt in the air, with a high UV index)- IT COMES RIGHT OFF with the Walmart air-craft paint-remover liquid when you need to remove some and do not want to sand it. After a year, no gum-up on the sand paper-it was dry.

Again, work & life are keeping me busy and stressed-this resto slipped away for a year. :( No big deal for me-it is a hobby that I enjoy & relieves stress. Take care FMJ brothers and sisters-work is calling again!

Volare4life

Reaction score
Good to hear your still working on her brother, if you ever need a hand sanding or what ever I'm a quick drive away lol

greymouser7

Reaction score
Good to hear your still working on her brother, if you ever need a hand sanding or what ever I'm a quick drive away lol
I got your message on b bodies, but was unable to text your phone-my texts work, anyways it's coming along. Rich is really helping me out and code enforcement seems to likes the cars for some reason. All the local red necks drive by now and cat call compliments or give advice or share their stories, 422 hemi's, all sorts of stories!

Budget is busted for a few weeks but so much progress has been made to my collection. Hopefully Rich finishes up the suspension on the Aspen and body work on the road runner.

It's been as high as the 80's down here on the swamp/beach.

Volare4life

Reaction score
tonight is supposed to drop to 39, still have issues with the big block trans, but the neon is still kicking, got duty this weekend, might be able to come up next saturday/sunday if your needing help on anything lol

greymouser7

Reaction score
Just arrived at the I laws after driving 480 miles with no incidents!! Woo woo!

FYI: I did NOT over lap my primer coats that I sprayed.

I started wet sanding and the paint was PAPER thin.

I was told to overlap by half, and did not. The previous primer paint job that we did together I thought went on wayyy to thick. In actuality, it needed more hardener.

Learn from my mistake.

The rolled on Rustoleum had a lot of orange peel dimples in it that became apparent during the wet sanding. We used 100 grit on vibrator sanders befor the initial epoxy primer-maybe I should have stepped up the sanding to an additional, higher grit paper sanding before the epoxy primer. Hopefully an experienced person will chime in some advice/input here.

Back