Modoba

jasperjacko

Reaction score
The mirada ext. is flush with the back of the deck lid while the doba is about an inch longer.

tim berry

Reaction score
nice work troy ! I like all the ideas posted my unsolicited two cents is nocar's idea is more suited for the mirada because of the quarter extensions the spoiler for the cordoba probably would look a little cleaner stopping at the edge of the deck lid like you said there is a lot more going on than meets the eye with the different contours out back there. good work !

Last edited:

jasperjacko

Reaction score
I agree. I'll shorten it to the width of the deck lid. I think it will have a factory look to it when it's done. I did reshape the leading edge quite a bit and will show a pic soon.

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Was going to run Modoba at norwalk today and thought I would check my timing. Turns out my distributor only had 10 degrees of mech. advance for a total of 26 degrees. Changed the dist. and now have 34-35 initial+mechnical. I'm curious to see what if any difference this will make in my 1/4 mile time.

tim berry

Reaction score
timeing

Was going to run Modoba at norwalk today and thought I would check my timing. Turns out my distributor only had 10 degrees of mech. advance for a total of 26 degrees. Changed the dist. and now have 34-35 initial+mechnical. I'm curious to see what if any difference this will make in my 1/4 mile time.

Troy you seem to be running close to the same combo as mine with two big exceptions one your rear gear two your carb . I run an edelbrock 650 thunder series and 2.94 shure grip . I have the timing set at 14 initial 35 full mechanical ( all in at 2400 rpm ) 12 vac. For 50 total . Although i have not raced the car this is the best performance ive gotten out of this car the only thing thats bad is the gas milage (about 9 with the ac on) but this thing pulls like a freight train and bangs second gear with a nice cherp ! hope this helps

72Dodge

Reaction score
I never really read this entire thread before (or, it's possible I did, and it's all new to me now with my failing memory!!!). At any rate, VERY nice build. I loved every word (and picture) of the thread. Gave me some ideas too. Thanks for the great read. Beautiful LS!

tim berry

Reaction score
Troy the 8.25 is the limiting factor , it needs to be rebuilt it has that chysler clunk it a mater of time before it goes to the great beyond i am looking for a replacement .we will se what turns up . If i find some thing i would love to be running it out at the track

aspen77rt

Reaction score
You alls Cordoba LS's and Mirada's on here have me keeping an eye open in my neck of the woods for one. IMO they have very clean lines and nice body style.

jasperjacko

Reaction score
The northwest corner of the country seems to be a little known hot spot for finding clean old cars. Mine came from Pendelton, Oregon. It had ZERO rust, and still had the original exhaust system.

tim berry

Reaction score
Mine came from pensilvainia original spare ( never on the ground) dual exhaust no cats no air pump no rot but after talking to the original owner the car saw a maximum of 2 yrs outside its been in a garage ever since from looking at troys car his is alot cleaner than mine. but for an east coast car no compliants !

jasperjacko

Reaction score
I'm having some serious withdraw symptoms since Modoba's been in storage. I need some Mo' please. Been thinkin' bout' puttin' some mo, in da MoDo, ya know?

Mopowa

Reaction score
Here's a smokey farewell from Modoba...[video]https://youtu.be/MyqnRWDNteQ[/video]

Last edited:
Back