Modoba

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Haven't got much done lately. Got a kink in the back that's had me in a bind, but my boys helped get a few things done today. We got the upper control arms, bushings, and ball joints installed and pressed in the lower ball joints.

jasperjacko

Reaction score
My camera has a video option, but it sounds horrible. I'll try to borrow one.

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Driver side suspension parts, all new moog b-joints and bushings

100_3854.jpg

qurtuba

Reaction score
Wow!
I'm so jealous it's making me dizzy.
Actually it's not the bad sort of jealousy, I'm just amazed at how you made this build sound so easy. I wish i could do the same thing with my Volare. But I wouldn't know how to drop an engine and transmission, or how to take apart the suspension (actually I can probably do that, it's putting it back together that may be a problem)...and if I did all of that, cleaning up, degreasing, stripping, painting....

You know what I'd love to do? I'd love to have someone like one of you guys with me while do a complete dis-assembly, cleanup, re-assembly of my car...oh well. I can dream!

jasperjacko

Reaction score
You can do it. I'm no resto genius or master mechanic. If you didn't grow up doing these sort of things , you can learn them. It starts with the desire, which you have. Now you need to read read read as much info as you can. Pick up a factory service manual. Learn to do your own brake jobs, replace you own starter, alternator, etc. etc. Each thing you accomplish will give you more confidence to tackle the next.

qurtuba

Reaction score
Oh I've done simple stuff like that. Brakes, alternators, starters. I replaced the head gaskets on my previous Aspen, and you know what replacing head gaskets means...I was staring straight at the piston tops. And after I put everything back together, the engine actually started. I was stunned!

I do have the FSM, that's what took me through the head gasket replacement, step by step. Just followed directions and I loved every minute of that project. I would really love to tackle something like that again.

d5667

Reaction score
You know-I have passed on some of these cars but that's nice!!!

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Got a few things done. t-bars refinished and installed, calipers painted hi-temp red. everythings getting dusty from sitting outside.

100_3867.jpg

100_3868.jpg

100_3873.jpg

jasperjacko

Reaction score
I came up with a simple solution to a problem I had. Problem: wanted to soak the rotors in evaporust, but didn't have enough to cover both. Solution: Line container big enough for both rotors with h.d. trash bag......place rotors in another h.d. trash bag inside first bag. Pour evaporust in with the rotors and use water in the outer bag to take up excess volume in the container which also raises the level in the inner bag. So I only used 2 gallons evaporust and 3 gallons of water.

100_3870.jpg

100_3871.jpg

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Brakes installed, bled, and ready to go!! Who knows..... I just might make it to the Mopars!!??

100_3898.jpg

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Had a friend over today to do a small video. We should have it posted in a couple days. I'll let you all know.

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Modoba video

this link is for a short video. the camera microphone kinda wigged out at the end. too loud in the rear i guess ! [ame="http://youtu.be/J9uu0XAqbVk"]http://youtu.be/J9uu0XAqbVk[/ame]

efriedrich

Reaction score
Sounds great man, I hope you take it to the nats, maybe even run it down the track lol.

CMX360

Reaction score
Looking great. I like how your doing it tasteful. Its a good "what if" build. I don't really like cars that get too far away from what the factory would have done. How do you have the second fresh air intake hooked up? Did you try to mimic the other side or does the hose just run to a hole under the overflow bottle?

jasperjacko

Reaction score
It will mimic the other side. I Couldn't use the exact location as other side because of a/c . Also have to cut the plastic tube and change the shape/direction of elbow. Will post pics of that when it's done.

Back