Modoba

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Tranny pic.

100_3746.jpg

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Well, the boys and I were busy after church today! A little before and after. Probably won't start it for another week or two. I need to get a gas tank grommet and some other odds and ends. The date on the pic is wrong..... changed batteries and forgot to set the time.

100_3107.jpg

100_3751.jpg

100_3748.jpg

Last edited:

kkritsilas

Reaction score
.... a built 904, cheetah valve body,and a 2000-2200 stall converter. Got it installed tonight. Might drop engine in tomorrow .....

JasperJacko:

I may be putting my Mopar ignorance on public display here, but if I don't ask, I won't learn. Your first post is about uinstalling a 360 enigne, and now you are installing a built A904 tranny. I thought the 360 only had a bolt pattern for the small block version of the A727. Is an A904 capable of reliable operation with a 360? What is the torque capacity of the A904, long term?

I am asking because I am trying to make plans for my Mirada, and if I can get away with teaming a 360 with an A904 (actually, an A999), I will rethink my plans to put a mild big block in.

Kostas

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score
You can run a 904 with a 360, a lot of drag racers run the 904's actually. They will hold a loooot of power, they have lower gear ratios and it takes less to spin em lol. You do have to make sure you run the proper converter though as a 360 is externally balanced.

-Kenny

jasperjacko

Reaction score
the headers were used. I had them blasted and hi-temp powder coated. look like a typical a-body header with the drag link through the header(pain). clearance is good everywhere except pass. inner fender. will probably burn the paint off if I can't tweak the tube. I didn't want to spend 7-800 $$ on a nice set....maybe later.

Mopowa

Reaction score
Hey bro, lookin' good! You're really wanting to drive it to the Nats, huh? That classic blue looks great against the red. Keep up the good work!

efriedrich

Reaction score
Is the Edelbrock intake a performer 3776. Did the air conditioning compressor bolt up with out any mods, I heard on one of these forums that the Edelbrock is the only after market intake that has the offset thermostat housing and such that allows it to bolt up like factory. Everything your doing is exactly what I want to do, thanks for sharing.

jasperjacko

Reaction score
It's the standard performer, not the rpm. The rpm doesn't have the right heater hose location for the a\c compressor. Also, I had to grind some of the manifold heater hose boss to fit the a\c bracket....it was interfering and wouldn't let the compressor sit straight.

jasperjacko

Reaction score
It's AALLIIIIIIIVVVE!!!!!!!!! When I figure out how to post a video, I'll put one up with sound!!! Fired it up at 9:30 pm with open headers...... hope the neighbors didn't fall off the couch!!

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Well, I figured out how the exhaust is gonna go. 2.5 stainless into y-pipe into 3" to muffler mounted cross-ways between fuel tank and bumper. I will fab a heat shield above the muffler to protect tank, wiring, and plastic parts around license plate area. The muffler is a magnaflow with 3" inlet, and two 2.5" outlets. I got the header to y-pipe fabbed and tacked together today. I need to pick up a roll of stainless wire for the mig. Forgot to reset the date on the camera again...DOH !

100_3758.jpg

100_3759.jpg

100_3760.jpg

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Got the rear wheels polished and 255/60/15 coopers put on

100_3761.jpg

CMX360

Reaction score
Groovy. The wheels look great. I've got five sets of 10 spokes but none of those. Pretty hard to come by.

DCAspen

Reaction score
Those five on five wheels look fantastic.sold my set I had a few years ago,the guy was putting them on a street rod.

Steve2961

Reaction score
That LS has come a long way in a short time. I'm impressed with it and a little ashamed that I haven't done more with mine since getting the dash from you.
The exhaust looks really good. I would've never thought to run a transverse muffler and I'd love to hear it. Keep up the good work.

Back