My Big Block Volare Wagon Project

Wagonmaster

Reaction score
New gas tank installed and underside detailed a bit. Its not perfect but its a lot better than it was. Kind of hard to paint on a dirt pad

apr 4 002 (Small).jpg

apr 4 006 (Small).jpg

Wagonmaster

Reaction score
Im doing my best hoping to hear it run by the beginning of next week. Gear drive and open headers... oh yeah. Exhaust would be next on the list after the rearend gets finished

roadrunnerman

Reaction score
nice build on your wagon. I never would've thought that you could get a 440 to fit in those small bodies.When you do get around to getting it all painted,are you going to do any pinstriping or other kinds of stripes?

Wagonmaster

Reaction score
Im thinking of some sort of stripe but havent decided on color or type yet. Without the roof rack or upper door trim it will look too plain without a little something. Maybe a white stripe

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Im thinking of some sort of stripe but havent decided on color or type yet. Without the roof rack or upper door trim it will look too plain without a little something. Maybe a white stripe
Have Pheonix Graphics make you an extra long R/T stripe package.

efriedrich

Reaction score
There is a guy named challengergary over on FABO who makes all kinds of strips for people, all his stuff looks really nice and he is very reasonable.

Last edited:

9secRR

Reaction score
excellet job.

it will be an awsome feeling to hear your big block roar to life after all the hard work you have put in.

Shorty Thompson

Reaction score

lol , put a cuda stripe on it , or a 73/74 roadrunner strip in it . Make ol' John Q. think about what's about to happen if they mess with it .

Wagonmaster

Reaction score
Ive got no emblems on it. The only thing you may notice would be the small Plymouth on the grille. Should throw them off enough to not know what it is lol. A Mopar type stripe is needed to give them just a little more hint of whats going on

efriedrich

Reaction score
I don't think anybody is going to be fooled by a big purple wagon that sounds like a prostock car when it pulls up next to them. lol

Mroldart2u

Reaction score
I don't think anybody is going to be fooled by a big purple wagon that sounds like a prostock car when it pulls up next to them. lol

I dunno about that, the ricers and their rattley coffee can exhaust, or the guy with so much bass coming out of his stereo thats rattling all the bumper bolts lose wouldnt have a clue anyways...

Mroldart2u

Reaction score
A Quicky spray off and it will be dust free again... I know the feeling tho, I've NEVER been able to have the pleasure of wrenching on ANY of my stuff inside a concrete floored, well lit shop... Always in the dirt, in the drive/backyard, under the sap dripping trees..... But LOOKING damn good, keep em coming and keep it going.... Yeah I agree a white mopar stripe kit of some kind is gonna be needed...

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Good luck with that. He wouldn't make me a set in Orange/Yellow. He told me an outside vendor makes them anyway so I dunno.

-Kenny
Nah, you just need to call Justin and he wil make them for an extra 60 bucks. Mine are outside the box. Silver and Tomatoe red.

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score
Nah, you just need to call Justin and he wil make them for an extra 60 bucks. Mine are outside the box. Silver and Tomatoe red.

Must be under new ownership because when I was trying to get mine i told him I would pay him $1000 for a set I didn't care I just needed them and he wouldn't do it. This was about 5 or 6 years ago....

I told him I would even send him a sample of my colors.

-Kenny

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with them , Justin no longer works there and they do make their stripes in house but they do not and never have made them in any color other than the red/orange and black/white. They also will not do custom lengths or sizes, I spoke to Chris.

He said only the "factory colors" and I had to explain to him that aspen R/T's came with many different colors of stripes and the 2 they offer are not the only factory colors lol.

So if you have a black R/T with red orangte or one of the orange ones etc that came in black and white you are ok, otherwise forget it.

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with them , Justin no longer works there and they do make their stripes in house but they do not and never have made them in any color other than the red/orange and black/white. They also will not do custom lengths or sizes, I spoke to Chris.

He said only the "factory colors" and I had to explain to him that aspen R/T's came with many different colors of stripes and the 2 they offer are not the only factory colors lol.

So if you have a black R/T with red orangte or one of the orange ones etc that came in black and white you are ok, otherwise forget it.
Tell them they are full of BS then. Have them go here.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?p=1691318#post1691318

Back