Second Chance at a MOPAR the "BlackBird" build

Blackbirdsrt78

Reaction score
We will the engine pull starts tomorrow...I have a 225 that came out of an 80's truck, just need to swap oil pans, valve covers and the distributor an engine mounts... cut the hole for the stick shift hump and I need the bolts for the clutch and its in there man.. rock auto has them for 5 bucks I think. some RTV sealant and oil and I am golden. the only thing after that is the clutch setup which is soon to be worked out..did I mention this is a quick, down and dirty Resurrection, NOT a full Resto. not saying I'm gonna cut corners but I am not painting every nut and bolt nor am I stripping it down to a rottisserie. That being said we are also NOT just Bondoing the repairs off.. I have my dignity and a welder so we will have METAL behind ALL body filler. NO EXCEPTIONS.

:headbang:

greymouser7

Reaction score
"breaker one breaker one i might be crazy but i ain't dumb"

Hey brother, got to go to the bank & pay some bills, will be ready in less than an hour and a half

greymouser7

Reaction score
Meh, this is fine. I have one, but 'SRT' is going thru some tight times. It's no problem. ...

Update: we pooled the kids together and are trolling fl/ga junk yards

Blackbirdsrt78

Reaction score
P1010624.jpg

got a sweet tail light panel and the piece of the dash that was missing :)

P1010624.jpg

Blackbirdsrt78

Reaction score
A good day poking around the junk yards, I have everything I need to wipe this car into shape now, just got to order the pressure plate bolts, cut a hole in the floor for the manual hump and swap engines. The engine I am using came out of a truck so I will have to swap over the oilpan from the other one. I might be able to order the slave cylinder at least so I can make the necessary brackets for that. I am pretty sure the drive shaft yoke is the same for the 904 and 833 I counted 23 splines on the 833. I am gonna post some good pictures of before and after the engine compartment clean up also.

greymouser7

Reaction score
hey brother you need to list the music stuff & lawn mower you scored for a timely turn around sale-could take months to sell, best to list the mower now-just food for thought vegetables before desert...thought you were going to onload on the first j yard proprieter, he was skittish, paranoid, and greedy no doubt-not sure why you got the evil eye besides your long hair versus his culture.
-had a great time yesterday :)
junk yard crawl pictures at: http://forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=284023

starting at post 24

Last edited:

Blackbirdsrt78

Reaction score
I have had the music equipment listed for a week now. the mower I only got a day ago....But yeah its getting listed....lol I could say the same thing about your 351 Windsor:p. I didn't feel the urge to unload on him till he said a 77 440 from a HUGE Winnebago should sell for 1000 SMFH. I just couldn't keep my mouth shut on that. What do you mean vegetables before desert? The car needs like at the most 200 in parts to be functional again. I have 1500 dollars in stuff listed on craigslist and months to get this done in. I also think that we are going to get YOUR car functional as well if you could dig through your blocks and find one that turns.....

greymouser7

Reaction score
woooooooo - ok didn't think you had listed it yet-thought that's what you told me -the wife wants a mustang before she dies, so she is getting one, and when i see super bargains, i pounce! I am a pouncin' mother trucker in this hobby-no retreads :p i was concerned with you getting done on time i think etsy.com and others are alrenative/better options than dealing with the zombies trolling craigslist-some lowballin' mother truckers

if everything dries up, we should be able to work out another two hundred thru some extra work on the R/T- like the 50 from yesterday- better to trade labor/skills than money between us i think

suppossed to rain both afternoons this weekend-thru tuesday here

can't wait to see more pics

got to go do more security rounds, later :)

alf44

Reaction score
if you use a truck engine watch for the dipstick location, i used a 83 225 in my 79 volare ,after swap of oil pan n pick up the dipstick was wrong..isnt the dipstick on a older 225 in the block?? we had to drill a hole in the pan side and make a spot for the stick.. just a thought for you

Blackbirdsrt78

Reaction score
well I had my one victory and one disappointment today...this has to be fixed before I can put an engine back in....
P1010634.jpg
P1010635.jpg
P1010636.jpg

P1010634.jpg

P1010635.jpg

P1010636.jpg

Back