Blue Leather Seats Wanted

Bruceynz

Reaction score
Any ideas where I can find a leather interior that would suit a car with blue dash and door cards, I am thinking black, blue or grey might work?

Also what would you expect to pay for front and back seats?

FredMcJoe

Reaction score
yes, this website is probably the best. Contact and watch for ads placed by people with 5th Avenues they are "parting out". Describe the relatively simple task and get them to take the day or so and get it done.

I think that was a stroke of brilliance I had earlier... I find I usually have to repeat my strokes of brilliance a time or two before they catch on but .....

Finding two dark blue leather rear-seat seat-rests and skipping the rear seat bottom cover out of a 4 door is the way to go with a 2 door rear seat frame, bottom. That dark blue was probably the most popular color of those years, 82-87, so they aren't impossible to find, and thats what you really want with your dash and door panels.

A decade ago, you could count on finding an FMJ car in a wrecking yard, not so much anymore. Thats why I mention the parts ad section in this very helpful website.
Thanks, FMJ website :)

jasperjacko

Reaction score
There is a guy on facebook, ty kuhn selling a pretty nice black leather interior out of a dodge magnum that you might be able to mod to fit your car. He also runs the mopar style web site. You might find him there, Or I think he has posted here also.

Bruceynz

Reaction score
Well I would love a nice blue leather interior in my car, so be really good if you see a nice one that we try and get it and post the leather over to NZ. I can get the complete seats shipped out via California just need ones the tip forward.

FredMcJoe

Reaction score
I saw the post, too bad about the 81 Imperial being gone, they had an extra layer of padding in the seat bottoms of the front seats in 1981, except for the Frank Sinatra edition that came out mid-year. The FS models had a more simple seat bottom that was then replicated across the board for the front seats of the 1982 and 83 Imperials. The leather in those is very nice quality, as well.

FredMcJoe

Reaction score
ya... you need blue )

Here's the one and only J body car on Row52 right now... Row52

Looks like its been there for a long while, may be gone.

Bruceynz

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are any other seats out of Chrysler that are a direct bolt in, I know Chrysler didn't change much stuff over time, they may have used the same seat mounts in different cars. This may open up different options for front seats.

FredMcJoe

Reaction score
as an option.. a lot of them came with 60/40 seats I think. Your cloth seats were nice, you might be able to find the same cloth again but leather has its own quality. Leather also protects the foam padding from deteriorating more than cloth covers. I used to own a huge amount of old used Imperial seat covers from the 1960s. The covers that had fabric over foam padding had much more deteriorated foam. For longevity, leather is the best option. The dark blue of the 82-87 5th Ave cars matches the dark blue in your car so it would make it all very easy to do a swap from one of those cars. All the "genuine simulated woodgrain vinyl applique' " stuff on the dashboard and door cards goes really nice with the dark blue, too. If you're serious, it shouldn't be too hard to find. I'm going to call one of the parts pullers in Calgary tomorrow for that one car. I'd like parts myself.

Bruceynz

Reaction score
These look very much similar

red.JPG

Back