Blue Leather Seats Wanted

Bruceynz

Reaction score
well lets hope that if we can find some nice blue leather seats and the forum can help me out and get them to NZ! It would be so amazing to have leather seats in my doba!! The guys in here are amazing and the advice is second to none!

Bruceynz

Reaction score
It looks in good shape! Any idea what you would pay for it?

I am happy with that cloth as well, the material on my seats now is splitting open everywhere, I do like the leather but that would tidy my car up 150% on the inside!

Do you think the material could be taken off the seats and put in a box and USPS it to NZ, It would probably not be to big folded up??

Last edited:

FredMcJoe

Reaction score
Yes, infact that's what I've been meaning all along. The covers come off, they fold up and are easily shipped. Leather covers might be a little more in shipping, I presume leather is a little heavier. About shipping to NZ, I have no idea about the costs.

Bruceynz

Reaction score
No worries, you tell me the price of the parts, the gas money and then pack it up, take to USPS get a price and I then paypal the money to you and we are done! BTW its expensive to send to NZ, hanging out of the bottom of the planet has its advantages but not when it comes to shipping prices :)

Bruceynz

Reaction score
I have tried to play with the brightness and contrast on the pic, seats look good, I would be happy with them!

QGDVwMMsXFXHN1kd.jpg

FredMcJoe

Reaction score
I'll try reaching them tomorrow again. Don't get too excited just yet, China eats up our junk cars pretty fast, they don't last in junk yards very long.

FredMcJoe

Reaction score

FredMcJoe

Reaction score
oh, I think it is like yours. I see it splitting apart, and it looks darker after being enlarged.

FredMcJoe

Reaction score
When you find someone who'll pull the covers off the frame, you might suggest they go to Walmart and buy some vacuum sealed bags. These use a vacuum cleaner's suction to pull out as much air as you can squeeze out of the items and they'll pack down into a smaller box, as well as protect from the around-the-world travel.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Those vacuum bags do make for a small footprint and makes the item like a brick (strength wise, not in weight).
I have used them for wiring harnesses and other “bulky” items before.

That said – not all vacuum bags are of the same quality.
BudW

FredMcJoe

Reaction score
Did you contact this car's owner yet? If you do, I am looking for the 2 center rocker moldings. If the guy needs help understanding how to remove the seat covers, I can walk him thru it. Maybe I'll email him too.
Parts and Stuff

I only buy vacuum bags with the di-electric embossed Chrysler pentastar, for the quality vacuum service I've come to expect from Mopar.
"Hey! Where's that whistle coming from?" was what I said after reinstalling my HVAC control unit's vacuum manifold the other day.

FredMcJoe

Reaction score
we are in the midst of our national holiday, Labor Day, this weekend so replies may be slow. There is a 83 New Yorker 5th Avenue, different in name only, up in Calgary, Canada, at the Pick N Pull. I can't reach any of the parts pullers since I don't use facebook.

Last edited:
Back