Driving Requires Attention

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Off street parking-Like a Boss!

parking.jpg

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
We've seen those painful/ face palm parking attempts by a woman on YouTube, but I saw one live today.

You would think there was something 6 inches behind her bumper the way she moved back and forth at odd angles, but she had a half mile of free space behind her if she kept it straight.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
At least the guy that parked on the roof had a medical condition. Some of these other folks, I'm sure are not as easy to explain.

BTW, have you noticed the latest Chevrolet commercials that are spouting off about having 4G/LTE hotspots built into the new cars? Giant WTF right there. It isn't enough that people are texting while driving, now you want to give them the ability to browse the Internet and do email as well? Not to mention, you can pretty much do anything that these options on new cars can do, just with a regular smartphone (almost all current smartphones can act as hotspots). There is no advantage to having it built into a car. In fact, you will most likely need a second data plan to allow the car's hotspot to get connected. Can't wait for the hackers to get busy on this.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Those car commercials where they have the kids, one car has WI FI and the other doesn't have it.
So which car is better little girl?

I only guessing that the little girl might buy a new car in the future, but she's not buying a 2015/16 right now either.

Even with 'mo money' fines, the morons are still on the phone.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
I had the pleasure of watching someone hack a 3 point turn into about 7 point.
Even sadder, there was plenty of room for a standard U turn even with my F/A.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
There is a second one, in which a "focus group" has their phones ground up. Then they get thier phones back, after being asked how they felt without their phones. Has no kids in it at all. Really disturbing, if you read into the implication that the car will always keep you connected (and even more disturbing that the number of distractions inside of a car keeps going up). Instead of trying to get people to focus on the task at hand, the car makers (all of them, not just GM/Chevy) are coming up with more ways to take people's attention away from driving. Like most driver's attention spans aren't short enough, let's just add more distractions.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
I saw that commercial too.
There's something fishy with those 'sail foams'
Turns people into crack addicts.
Not like when I was young I had to stop at every payphone and talk because I was all phone cracked out.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I couldn't watch past the 45 second mark, just too painful to see. How the ef can you NOT be able to parallel park a Smart car. Wait a second, it all makes sense now. Smart car, Prius.....................Think about it and you'll get what I mean.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I couldn't watch past the 45 second mark, just too painful to see. How the ef can you NOT be able to parallel park a Smart car. Wait a second, it all makes sense now. Smart car, Prius.....................Think about it and you'll get what I mean.

Yep.
As soon as I see those nameplates I pretty much already know who I'm dealing with.

Back