Found one!

dodger roger

Reaction score
4054 497 mirror pkge door manual lt chrome 4172 080 mirror door remote control chrome e750-1 tm9 baron red e750-1 tr4 graphic red these numbers from 1980 passenger car parts catalogue i think these numbers are for the drivers door

aspen77rt

Reaction score
Scored a passenger remote mirror. However, I don't understand how it goes in the door. The top door seal/strip seems to be one long piece. Anyone have a good pic with a passenger mirror affixed and how interacts with the top door seal?

10842320_10206004274377142_6234114266801133742_o.jpg

72Dodge

Reaction score
There's a long metal bracket that goes down into the door and attaches it. Do you have that? It's obviously not on the door now, because it would be sticking out in the picture. If you don't have one of those, you'll have to get one, or make something to replace it.

Where did you find the mirror? Salvage yard or something? Any chance there was another one? :)

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
There are two different chrome mouldings , one solid for cars without a pass side mirror and one slotted for use with a mirror. My pic is taken from the bottom and the slot is on the top of the chrome.

CAM00275.jpg

72Dodge

Reaction score
Aha, so there were Miradas or Cordobas sold without passenger's side mirrors? If so, that might also solve my no mirror issue. I thought by that point (1983) they were required equipment? No?

If you took off the door panel on the driver's side, you would see the bracket that goes in there to hold the mirror on.

I'm not at home, but after dinner, I'll see if I have a picture of the bracket sticking out where my mirror should be.

aspen77rt

Reaction score
Balls! :laughing6: Mine looks the same, non-factory passenger mirror..hahahahaha. Thanks a bunch. It drives me up a wall not having a pass mirror, oh well.

How silly of me to expect a car to come with a pass mirror from the factory...:icon_eek:

Last edited:

aspen77rt

Reaction score
Aha, so there were Miradas or Cordobas sold without passenger's side mirrors? If so, that might also solve my no mirror issue. I thought by that point (1983) they were required equipment? No?

If you took off the door panel on the driver's side, you would see the bracket that goes in there to hold the mirror on.

I'm not at home, but after dinner, I'll see if I have a picture of the bracket sticking out where my mirror should be.

If you could that pic would be great.

I could figure out how the mirror went in there. I'll post a pic of mine that is apparently factory no mirror.

aspen77rt

Reaction score
There's a long metal bracket that goes down into the door and attaches it. Do you have that? It's obviously not on the door now, because it would be sticking out in the picture. If you don't have one of those, you'll have to get one, or make something to replace it.

Where did you find the mirror? Salvage yard or something? Any chance there was another one? :)

CTC Auto Ranch, and that was the only one.

http://www.ctcautoranch.com/Parts C...rada Sub-Pages/Cordoba - Magnum - Mirada.html

72Dodge

Reaction score
Hmmm.... Well, I might just have to find one of those non-mirror chrome pieces! On the other hand, the hole is so small, I can deal with it (car won't be in rain).

And I'm sorry, I don't have a picture of my missing mirror's bracket. I will be back home tomorrow night and I could take a pic for you. I can probably get a pic of the inside of the door too, since my door panels are off. If you don't already solve the problem by then, maybe it would help.

Glad you found a mirror though, that was the most important step.

I wonder if no-mirror was available in '83 also, or if it was just the earlier ones...

CMX360

Reaction score
Dual side mirrors never really became a law that I know of. All 4 years of J-body could be had with one mirror. First gen Dodge/Plymouth Neons also had single mirrors as an option.

72Dodge

Reaction score
Dual side mirrors never really became a law that I know of. All 4 years of J-body could be had with one mirror. First gen Dodge/Plymouth Neons also had single mirrors as an option.

Thank you, good to know (about all 4 years being available with only 1 mirror).

And I just looked it up, and you're right. Each state is different, but at least in my area, no pass side view mirror necessary. I had never even thought to look that up before.

72Dodge

Reaction score
And from the better-late-than-never department, here are the pics of the mirror bracket.

The first pic is of my broken passenger's side mirror. I hope you can see that center metal part that sticks out for the plastic mirror to bolt to.

The second pic is of the bottom of the bracket inside the door. It goes down into the door about a foot (maybe more). It's not a small bracket. This pic is of my driver's side one, because I can't open my pass side door right now, but it's the same, just reversed.

I hope this helps. I imagine a bracket could be made if you didn't have a factory one.

IMG_20150622_170852.jpg

IMG_20150622_170928.jpg

IMG_20150622_170852.jpg

IMG_20150622_170928.jpg

aspen77rt

Reaction score
You the man. That confirms mine never came with one. Funny, my '77 Aspen has two chrome mirrors.

jasperjacko

Reaction score
I wonder if there is enough meat on the torker to grind out for the secondaries.

Back