Heavy Metal Hell raiser

Blackbirdsrt78

Reaction score
Did not do much today (my birthday) I ate some chocolate cake, and spent some time with the wife and baby. Rich and I did paint truck bed liner inside the trunk.

Rich ground thru most of the paint on the driver's side door it's mostly at the green paint level-am not sure where the bondo level was. Rich & I have a bet about a cd player for his car and he got one for $19.XX but also paid $13 for the installation kit at Walmart...Guess I owe him a buck.
The installation kit actually says Dodge Aspen and Plymouth Volare as vehicles that it applies to. Wow!

install kit dont count!! haha the bet was if I could get a cd player for less than 30. I told you I would get it for 20 hahaha

1128553.png

Happy Birthday!!

1128553.png

Blackbirdsrt78

Reaction score
I owe greymouser a nickle because the CD player came today and was missing the faceplate. I had to order another one.

Blackbirdsrt78

Reaction score
90% complete with body repairs

Major update!!! all that is left on both cars is a quarter panel repair. :laughing9:

greymouser7

Reaction score
I got paid, I finally got off of work, we shopped, I worked on the car again.:

After being locked down with work on base and on the USS Alaska for three days, I got to come over and see Rich & work on the cars today.

It took some motivation to get out of bed because I got off of work Sunday morning at midnight. First thing Rich & I did was drive around town getting consumables like bondo, JB Weld water weld (300 degrees epoxy), contact cement, gear oil for sure-grip, another quart of black lacquer paint, the Rustoleum industrial spray cans, sandable automotive primer, ultra smooth rollers for Rich's Rustoleum paint, some muriatic acid to clean Rich's driveway, some cokes, pizza, beer, sand paper, some carpet like rich's for my rear speaker panel like he did $20...life is good.

Rich helped navigate me thru ordering some lower control arm bushings, 8 1/4 rear axle cover gasket, and something else from Rock Auto. $36

There is some more welding to make the Volare taillights that I have fit the back of the Aspen.

I removed some rust from the drivers door, and the temp rattle can paint on the roof along with rust-that was ground down to shiny metal.

We have rain coming Tuesday and Wednesday. The goal is to put primer all over my car and start interior and to epoxy prime Rich's car tomorrow.

Bad news for me, the ac unit that I bought is for a different make mopar- so I have to find & pull one from somewhere else-looking to diplomats- I did ask jim for help on aspenand volare.com but I seem to be ignored...

I have been anxious to get back at it because I am feeling the hurry up rush that Rich instilled in me of our up coming dead line.

more pics to come tomorrow.

greymouser7

Reaction score
The previous night I ground all of the paint ( & lots of ingrained rust)off of the roof, some rust off of the driver's side door, & paint off of the right rear quarter. We Ospho'd the roof, door, and quarter. When I got back this morning, there was sooo much surface rust over all of the bare, Ospho'd metal that I took a industrial/navy 'scratchy' and rubbing alcohol, and cloth-like paper towels and scrubbed off of the metal again.

Rich said that the Ospho needs 24hours to cure. We don't have a bunch of dry days in a row. It sprinkled today and is supposed to rain for the next two days.

After cleaning up the metal I put Rustoleum Marine Metal primer over much of the driver's side, the roof, & the passenger side, & both of the fenders. We still have allot of bondo to go.

When the weather goes bad, we will register our cars, and work on my interior.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

photo_002.jpg

Back