greymouser7

Reaction score
Mor off

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

photo_001.jpg

photo_002.jpg

greymouser7

Reaction score
So the last pic of this three is of me pointing to a bolt. It is behind a plastic guard covering the rear of the front wheel well. Inside the cabin is a welded in nut to the body that this particular bolt screws into. Don't do what I did and break off that nut with strength and ignorance. I have done this twice now to parts cars. But I won't forget it.

photo_003.jpg

photo_004.jpg

1970-dart

Reaction score
get to work greymouser lol i made it over to see your build. looking good man keep it up

greymouser7

Reaction score
The only thing good about it being so hot, is that the paint stripper (Shop around, $20 a gallon) is faster/more affective with heat. Man does this stuff burn though, I recommend something thicker than box latex gloves. This crap might mess up my love life.

greymouser7

Reaction score
So it would seem that paint stripperin conjunction with a wire wheel is the easiest way to remove 6 different coats of paint & a coat or two of bondo from a fender-Davey Crocket approved!

photo_001.jpg

photo_002.jpg

photo_003.jpg

compubert

Reaction score
You guys are doing impressive stuff, ALMOST makes me think I could save mine from the cancer....

Blackbirdsrt78

Reaction score
Back to working full time on the hell-raiser. Pulling dents welding holes and body filling.. FUN FUN FUN :tongue3:

Blackbirdsrt78

Reaction score
I should have taken before pics but I will be finishing this up tomorrow and moving onto the next repair. its looking like the metal work for the Hellraiser is going to be about 2 weeks work..

P1010717.jpg
P1010718.jpg

P1010717.jpg

P1010718.jpg

greymouser7

Reaction score
Update:

Rich lost his phone and i am at work. Sooooo-

I have wire wheeled and paint stripped the fenders- these are the ones that are the reason there was a recall-

I have painted the interior plastic & metal trim pieces, they have not come out so well-money is tight and I thought an acrylic enamel paint wood work-it's okay, but came out too glossy. Right now everything is gloss black for the interior.

Rich discovered that the permatex ($7 a can) aerosol spray glue doesn't hold his insulation up to black painted metal in the hot southern sun. I looked at the auto parts store and Lowes, J B Weld makes a 300 degree glue, which i plan on trying out. I am not sure if contact cement, or liquid nails or whatever would hold up (the insulation I plan on installing) to the high temperature the metal roof will be raised to by the sun under neath the headliner. I will post pics of the install once Rich is done with the bondo powder blowing into the interior.

I think that I am going to drop the gas tank at some point, pull the float level sending unit thingy, shake it with some nuts, pour acetone & alcohol in it a few times to clean out the varnish, , wire brush the outside, check for leaks or issues, consider a gas tank sealant application, paint it and reinstall. It's the wierd bastard 1976/early 1977 gas tank so verfying the sending unit is functional or a future trunk swap might be necessary. I will take picks. Before I can afford ALL of the good suspension components, I will assemble with what I have with Rich's help -both front and back suspension, to include leaf springs, 8 1/4 axle out of the Volare Road Runner, torque boxes, and maybe I still have the correct original drive shaft. I searched through Firm feel's site and will buy a bunch of their stuff upon tax return, but am buying the addco sway bars, & subframe connectors elsewhere and compromising (who doesn't) a perfect-do-it-once build with budget/functionality. Sorry for the super run-on sentence.

Yes Captain, a 360 is in the near future, and a stroker (1970 360 block, W2 or Indybrock heads) either after I retire or after I have paid off some debt and saved up enought for retirement....

I have a non manual carpet I got for 40 bucks on eBay a few years ago, super dark red, could use some advice on cutting that to fit well enough in the car. Or any advice on interior installation. the interior cabin wiring harness, is NOS new old stock from eBay, I gave mine to Rich to get his gremlins sorted out.

greymouser7

Reaction score
oh yeah, i got some dukes of hazard vector rims to go on the car that are about the same size as the tires that I gave to Rich for the Black Bird build. -pics to come

Back