Heavy Metal Hell raiser

Blackbirdsrt78

Reaction score
that repair is finally done we had good weather today...

P1010749.jpg
P1010750.jpg

P1010749.jpg

P1010750.jpg

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Looks great man....and I know that spot well.
Two days after I got my Caravelle I had it parked on the street overnight and some clown backed into the exact same spot.
It brings it all back seeing that indent you have to sand in on the wheel well lip
attachment-4-1.jpg

And I had to pop the side panel to spoon in the crease again.
Well done my friend.....looks great.

attachment-4-1.jpg

Last edited:

greymouser7

Reaction score
Today I ground on the underside of two FM speaker spots in order to mount two Alpine 3 inch High end speakers under the dash. I started with a Dremel tool, then, a drill with cutting stones, and finally got tired of finesse with small portions of progress and whipped out the harbor freight grinder & attached the carbide cutter which burns thru steel like hot butter.

We rolled Rustoleum bedliner on the cabin floor pans tonight. I loaded up the old Plymouth Volare Road Runner's 8 1/4 axle over to Rich's house. I took the wire wheel-grinder to most of it. All of the different leaf spring bracket's are wire-wheeled, Ospho'd, and painted with enamel paint. The U-bolts were only $8.XX at Oreilly's Autoparts a piece. The U bolts are zinc plated but I painted them with black enamel anyways.

>>>POINT OF INTEREST: (Many enthusiasts probably know this, so if you do, disregard) The dash that comes with these cars comes as TWO different options. One has a long centered rectangular grid of holes for an AM speaker. The other has two smaller, square grid of holes for two tweeter FM speakers located (not centered but) on the outside end of either side of the dash (heading outwards toward the pillars). <<<<<

The goal for tomorrow is to install some insulation into the cabin, 6X9" speakers & rear defroster into the rear backboard, maybe sand and insulate the bottom inside of the doors, remove the bumper & 7 1/4 rear axle and springs. We are going to to try and begin installing the A/C into the cabin as well.

Rich installed my 85 mph speedo, AM/FM/CB Radio, clock module, and headlights/wiper/rear-defrost module into the dash assembly. I did not like the faux wood on the dash front Fascia, so I rattle canned it over with black paint. There is probably too much gloss black paint on this car with just chrome trim & chrome bumpers to break it up, but we will see how it shows and make adjustments from there. I have MINT chrome bumpers and a decent 78' grille for this car so it should pop out with all of the gloss black paint. Rich ran into a small problem as I handed him a multi-speed wiper switch to install into the 3 switch module. I do not think it was meant for this car (probably a 71-74 B-body piece) but Rich worked real hard for over two hours to make it fit in the module.

Blackbirdsrt78

Reaction score
yup got that damned 3 speed switch to fit....looks great pics tomorrow because we ran out of light. also the interior floor finally got the truck bedliner treatment that it so deserved. tomorrow the aspen gets repopulated finally

greymouser7

Reaction score
The cost of my 6X9's (Sony Xplodes, not Sony guts). I didn't buy all of this stuff with a champagne budget, just with savings, deals, and time.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

photo_001.jpg

Last edited:
Back