Modoba

jasperjacko

Reaction score
sleepy time for Modoba

Got Modoba waxed for the winter, tank full with stabil, new plate. Sweet dreams till spring!

100_4321.jpg

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
It's still sunny and in the upper 80's here. Never pack up my cars for the winter time. Most enjoyable when it's cool here. Never any frozen stuff either.

lowbudget

Reaction score
I did the fuel/stabilizer thing on all of mine before I left for work this hitch. I also tossed in mothballs and Bounce dryer sheets to keep the mice away. I didn't wax the primer though. lol

Mroldart2u

Reaction score
Ummm Eric dont be so bouncy there... Lubbock can and does get some snow and ice... yer only 120 miles south of me, and we get more than ppl realize.. Oh and Brem... pbbbbttttthhhhh .... :icon_razz:

jasperjacko

Reaction score
I know I put modoba away for the winter.....but.... it was 60 and sunny and the local track was open !! WWEEEEEEE!! Modoba ran a best of 13.73 @ 99.0 Still can't get my 60' below 2 seconds!?

jasperjacko

Reaction score
romantic get-a-way

Modoba and I went to a castle in the country:love7:Of course my wife had to ride along....who else would carry my bags and pump gas!LOL!!

100_4375.jpg

High Speed Pursuit

Reaction score
An amazing chronical of work...you made it look so easy. I just called you a few days ago from TN about some interior parts and you suggested I join the forum...glad I did. Your build posts answered at least a hundred questions I had before I start my 80 Mirada project. I'm going with a 318 stroker with a 727 Torqueflite to keep my car numbers matching and I wanted to know how your headers are working out? Would you go with another set looking back? Is the paint surviving the heat? Thanks again!

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Thanks. The powder coat looks great. I kept the used headers purely for $$. I would like to use dougs or tti

80 Aspen RT

Reaction score
Hell ...you won't even have to paint it...just buff it out!! :eek:ccasion14:

Thats going to look cool, I love the Air Grabber scoop,(or the Ramcharger) I have one on my Charger, sorry this is the only pic I can find right now.

112.jpg

112.jpg

jasperjacko

Reaction score
I have an extra mirada hood I may put the scoop on and keep the original hood.

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Since putting Modoba together last year, I have really enjoyed it. Driven about 5000 miles since then with only a few issues stemming from "lifetime" warranty parts. Don't you love that term? It just means you'll be changing that same part often for the rest of your life. I'll try to give the short version. "new" autozone waterpump, battery, and alternator when I put the car together. Fast forward to 4/2013 driving down the highway, noticed the volt meter on the high side, couple mins. later...Boom! Battery blows up, sprays acid, damages paint under hood! Turns out, alternator went bad, overcharged battery and boom. Oh well, It's fixable.
I had a few tears growing on the upholstery so I took the interior to a local shop for repairs, and hope to have it back in before the nats. They were able to find an almost perfect match.

tim berry

Reaction score
sorry to read about your woes i think its a curse with these cars everthing twice or more + the china parts problem . still they are too unique not to suffer a little good luck !

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Picked up a set of nitto drag radials today. Gonna try to make the mopar show in norwalk ohio in sept. I'm hoping for low 13's, we'll see.

Back