Modoba

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
Member, "Wingcar" has a camaro spoiler on his 82 Mirada.
IDK how to post a link, but he posted a pic on the first page of the, "Lets See Them J Bodies" thread

jasperjacko

Reaction score
I have a couple thoughts for the hood. One is to install a bulge like the 1970 roadrunner/gtx. The other is to install these 1971-72 rr gtx callouts. What do you guys think?

100_4170.jpg

100_4169.jpg

100_4171.jpg

CMX360

Reaction score
Hmmm. I'm liking the 71-72 treatment. It looks really good in my head anyway. What would really be awesome is if you went with a 70 air grabber bulge! But that would mean doing away with the dual fresh air intake you put so much time into and that would be a waste.

jasperjacko

Reaction score
I agree,CMX. If I go with the bulge, it won't have the air grabber, but would be open at the rear to let out hot air. Still in the brainstorming stages. I appreciated everyones input. Actually, I could do the air grabber to supplement the other intakes as a "ram air" system.

roadrunnerman

Reaction score
I kinda like the buldge hood myself. And IMO i like the first spoiler you showed.I thought the t/a one was a bit too big. But that's just my opinion,go with what you think.

jasperjacko

Reaction score
I suppose I could just leave the exterior in stock form. I probably won't get to that this year anyway.

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Cleaned the dust off Modoba and took a few pics outside of the canopy. Shot another video, will try to repost it.

100_4234.jpg

100_4229.jpg

100_4228.jpg

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Took the car out for a real drive today ! I couldn't be much happier with the total package with how it accellerates, brakes, handles, and overall driving experience. Even with the 2.21 gear, getting on the highway was a hoot! The steering feels like a firm feel box, but not certain....havn't found the build sheet yet. It's been so long since I had a car like this, I wanted to drive all night!!:icon_cheers::icon_lol::eek:ccasion18:

jasperjacko

Reaction score
With being off work so long, I probably won't get much else done this year. I need to play catch up when I get back to work. Overall, I'm fairly satisfied with what I got accomplished this year. Thanks to all who helped spur me on. It's good to have this site to bounce ideas and be encourage to keep going.
P.S. The little lady has been patient this year and I need to do some things around the house. I'm sure all my married brethren know what I'm talking about!!

Last edited:

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
With being off work so long, I probably won't get much else done this year. I need to play catch up when I get back to work. Overall, I'm fairly satisfied with what I got accomplished this year. Thanks to all who helped spur me on. It's good to have this site to bounce ideas and be encourage to keep going.
P.S. The little lady has been patient this year and I need to do some things around the house. I'm sure all my married brethren know what I'm talking about!!
Get her a new stainless steel kitchen sink like I did. :tool:

mirada80

Reaction score
I just watched your videos, car looks and sounds awesome, really a job well done. Now if I could get my Mirada too that state again.

jasperjacko

Reaction score
I took Modoba to the track in norwalk, ohio today. I was a total newbie, but it was fun. I'm very pleased with how she ran given it still has the 2.21 open gear. 1st run,14.3@94mph. I kept the air cleaner on to see how it would run in "as driven to the track" mode. Best run of the day was a 14.176 @ 96.8 . Went through the traps in 2nd gear@4800 rpm.

80 Aspen RT

Reaction score
Congrats on finishing up your car, I just watched your videos too, and Modoba sounds and looks great! Challenger was real nice too!

Back