Off season Aspen projects have begun

Aspen500

Reaction score
Yep, a car is never done and if it was, what fun would that be? Forgot one more winter project. The speedo started bouncing and making that tinny sound that says the outer ring is rubbing the magnet. Since winter seems to have come overnight, guess it's time to start on some of these things.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Before I changed my mind again, went to Summit and ordered new tires for the car. M/T Sportsman S/T in 235/60R15 fronts and 255/60R15 rears. Once the severed tendon for my right index fingers is fully healed and I can use both hands again, I can get to work on the other Aspen projects also. About a month to go yet on the hand :(

btw, the severed extensor tendon happened at work on Nov 8th, it was repaired on the 10th, and since then I've been the more or less one handed beast. Naturally it was my right hand and I'm right handed :eek:

Last edited:

Aspen500

Reaction score
I agree. I don't plan on mounting them until this spring. I'll take a couple to work one day, then he other 2 the next. Can't haul 4 tires and 4 tire/rims in my truck at the same time is why the 2 at a time thing unless I take the tonneau cover off and NOBODY wants to go through that. Mainly it's the putting back on that really sucks (snaps).