Blue Leather Seats Wanted

Bruceynz

Reaction score
Mr V, I can't join up row52 for some reason, any chance you could put up a wanted add for blue leather seats out of a 5th ave for me?

FredMcJoe

Reaction score
ah, I thought it was just me. I haven't been able to log in, and I can't seem to renew my account so I'm out of options. I refuse to use Facebook, that seems the other option.

FredMcJoe

Reaction score
This fellow's Imperial seems to have received the 5th Ave treatment and added a Cor-rada console in the mix. I wonder if he got two red passenger seats or if he cut the center section off the 60 side of the 60/40 and tucked the material down and around.
Current Operational Fleet

Bruceynz

Reaction score
Will 5th ave seats bolt straight into my Cordoba? There is a shipping company in LA that send containers of stuff to NZ, thats how I got my stuff to NZ last time. If I could get some real nice blue leather ones I could maybe ship them out complete. The law in NZ is I am allowed to change the seats for a direct bolt in seat, if not direct bolt in my car will fail its safely check and be off the road. If I can get some SUPER nice blue leather seats that is an option.

FredMcJoe

Reaction score
Check the fitment of the rear seat in this Imperial. The Imperial is similar to your car. The red rear seat in this pic,

https://www.forfmjbodiesonly.com/cl...407876128715_3939493129191370152_n-jpg.17796/

is out of a 4 door 5th Ave. You can see how it cuts back at the corner edge, not cut straight across like your 2 door rear seat bench.

It looks like it might hang a little too far forward, or maybe it just wasn't fitted in fully. This poses a possibility that the rear seat bottom is deeper in the 4 door cars. My rear seat bottom bench measures 20 inches deep at the center of the bench with the tape measure 20 inches out to the visual edge of the front of the seat.

Just off-center where the frame is extended a bit at the rear and the padding adds a bit to the front, in a simple measurement eyeballing it has a maximum depth of about 21.5 inches.

You might take a measurement of your rear seat to see if its much less than 20 inches in depth. It would be good if that were the case, you can just hog-ring the cover at the appropriate length since you're likely to have too much material than too little.

So, this adds to your question about 'bolt in'. The 4 door rear seat bottom may not pass inspection if it doesn't fit right, requiring the transfer of that cover to the 2 door seat frame.

This is one more plus to have the covers removed from the frame before shipping, you'll have to do it possibly for the rear bottom seat if they don't interchange.

For the front seats, I have a distinct memory of having to switch my passenger seat track due to a change in that side's floor from a 1984ish 5th Ave to my '77 Volare's track. The driver's was a direct bolt-in fit.

BTW, when removing bolts from the underside to the seat frame, it's worth taking the time to scrape off the undercoating. The bolts will break if this isn't done.

There's also another way of doing this. When they ship, have them at least take off the base and you can use your own. I believe the topside of the bases were never altered, just the bottom where the floor pan changed.

If weight isn't an issue in shipping, then yes, it would save you some labor in putting on the covers. I happen to have some experience with covers and I tend to look at it as an easy procedure, but its not exactly all easy. So if you can save some labor and the weight isn't important, yes sir, you've got an 'almost bolt in' set of seats. You'd just have to, and only possibly, depending on what floor the Cordobas had and I don't know the answer to that, at most just switch out the passenger side seat track base from the underside of the seat frame. Its easy.

The rear seat then has that other issue. I don't know if the seat back is exactly the same but I would tend to think it's a simple fit and bolt down.It looks like it fits in the photos of the white Imperial At worst would be undoing the hog-rings with some pliers and re-ringing the new cover to your old frame. The rear seat bottom, as well. At worst with any of this, it can be resolved just with switching the covers if one of the frames don't fit.

So you found some blue leather seats?

FredMcJoe

Reaction score
didn't the Dodge Mirda run bucket seats and a center console with a floor shifter?

Yes, both Mirada and Cordoba offered buckets and console as an option, but Imperials only offeredthe 60/40 seat for the 1981-83 models, no full length console. If you wanted a console in an '81 Imperial, you had to wait til the midyear Frank Sinatra option intro'd the new audio tape holding 'mini console' with a collection of Franks hits on a series of 8 tracks or cassettes, depending on the radio option.

Bruceynz

Reaction score
No I haven't found any, the chances of me getting some is pretty slim, most places seem to not be interested in dealing with people from overseas, quite common on ebay, people/business won't ship outside of the USA. So hard for me from here to sort stuff like that, experienced people have no issues, they understand my $$$ are just the same in their hand as people in the USA $$$ but a lot don't they think its a scam.

FredMcJoe

Reaction score
ya, it's always risky business. I saw someone in the Calgary area in a chat here not too long ago, in some other forum. Finding a sympathetic ear like that nearby a potential parts car might get things moving. I'd have it stripped, cleaned, treated, bagged and boxed if I could find a blue leather car for you but we're running dry here

FredMcJoe

Reaction score
Ok, so these parts pullers seem to have their phone numbers listed in some of their ads.
Row52

This car in Chico, California, looks like it has blue inside. Chico is about 10 hours south of me, so I'm not too anxious to go get the parts. I think a train goes thru there... hmm... Well anyhow, it gets hot in that part of California so you'd want photos of the interior, and I don't see if its leather or cloth.
Row52

kkritsilas

Reaction score
didn't the Dodge Mirda run bucket seats and a center console with a floor shifter?
Bruce:

My 1981 Mirada CMX has rhe bucket seat/console combo. Bucket seats are high back (no sepaarate head retraints).

I went to the Barlow Trail (Calgary) Pick N Pull today. There are 3 5th Aves. there. One is two tone gray and dark blue (orobablt Nighteatch blue), gray cloth interior. Second car is all dark blue, no interior (has been picked over already). Last car is tan/gold, with a tan/gold leather interior. Leather is dirty, but no cuts or tears. I have pictures if anybody wants to see them.

Bruceynz

Reaction score
sure post pics please, I am open to the velour option as well, just want rid of this dry hard material that turns to dust every time I touch it! My car is ex California

FredMcJoe

Reaction score
Not very easily. When the leather is folded like that, and sewn pinched to give a folded look, it makes it more difficult to sand down the old dye, but not impossible. You might end up seeing spots of yellow down where the blue dye didn't reach in the seams. Kind of a last ditch option.

FredMcJoe

Reaction score
Bruce:

My 1981 Mirada CMX has rhe bucket seat/console combo. Bucket seats are high back (no sepaarate head retraints).

I went to the Barlow Trail (Calgary) Pick N Pull today. There are 3 5th Aves. there. One is two tone gray and dark blue (orobablt Nighteatch blue), gray cloth interior. Second car is all dark blue, no interior (has been picked over already). Last car is tan/gold, with a tan/gold leather interior. Leather is dirty, but no cuts or tears. I have pictures if anybody wants to see them.

If you're in the biz of parts pulling, I've been having a problem finding 2 center rocker panel moldings for my '88 5th Ave. All the ones down here in Oregon get lifted underneath by the junk yards and they destroy the moldings. If it comes to mind and u're wanting to get involved, I'm in the market.

Bruceynz

Reaction score
ok so we really need to get blue seats in leather or material, my preference is leather but if some really good material ones turned up I would not say no.

FredMcJoe

Reaction score
hmm.. Chico isn't quite as far as I thought. I wonder whats left on that car... I best call them in the AM.

Bruceynz

Reaction score
Sounds good!

upload_2017-9-5_15-33-4.png

Back