Modoba

jasperjacko

Reaction score
I finished the passinger side cold air intake. I couldn't find a tool to cut the hole and put a flare on it, so I used a hole saw and a small cresent wrench to gently work in the flare. It took about 5 trips around the perimeter of the hole, but I'm happy with the results.

100_4051.jpg

100_4049.jpg

100_4057.jpg

100_4047.jpg

100_4058.jpg

80 Aspen RT

Reaction score
Wow....thats a huge improvement, it didn't look bad before... but now....WOW!

MoparTex

Reaction score
Paint it!

No time like the present. Scrub it down good with with a scotchbright pad and wipe down with clean lint free cloth and appropriate reducer/thinner, wipe again with tack cloth and paint. You will thank yourself later! IMHO

Steve2961

Reaction score
I still can't beleive that's the same car I saw just a few months ago. You've done an amazing job and impressed the daylights out of me.

old tired rebel

Reaction score
I just finished reading your thread. You have done a great job so far. I know when you repaint it will look great.

Mopowa

Reaction score
I like the custom flare work! You've got me thinking about a cold-air intake for the truck. Your's looks great!

jasperjacko

Reaction score
I had back surgery last thursday and won't be able to do much, but I had an idea. This may be the pain killers at work .... so I'll get your thoughts. I was thinking of fabbing a subtle, nascar-ish rear wing in stainless or aluminum. I did a quick and dirty mock-up in poster board.

100_4164.jpg

100_4163.jpg

DCAspen

Reaction score
That might look pretty cool,body color?black?Those pain killers has your mind going in the right direction.Car looks great.

old tired rebel

Reaction score
I had back surgery last thursday and won't be able to do much, but I had an idea. This may be the pain killers at work .... so I'll get your thoughts. I was thinking of fabbing a subtle, nascar-ish rear wing in stainless or aluminum. I did a quick and dirty mock-up in poster board.

That might look pretty cool,body color?black?Those pain killers has your mind going in the right direction.Car looks great.

I like it too...go for it. Take care of your back!

X4 I like the spoiler idea. And be extremely careful with your back. I had back surgery 20 years ago and ruptured the same disc recently.

tim berry

Reaction score
make two I'll buy the second one I've been thinking the same thing for a long time I think the spoiler adds the right amount of panage to the back of the car good work

Last edited:

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Here is another look with a late model challenger wing with slight mods to better fit the body. what do you think?

100_4166.jpg

100_4167.jpg

CMX360

Reaction score
Not bad at all. I say go for it. I've got a trans am wing for mine. Those look pretty good if you can get over putting a GM part on your Mopar.

jasperjacko

Reaction score
I had one of those t/a wings on the 440 mirada years ago. They do look and fit good, but want to maybe try somthing different. The bigger fiero wing works also but may be too big for my taste.

Last edited:
Back